Suh's $2.6 million donation

The guy's a tribute to your university. Staying for his senior year, getting his degree, and then turning around and giving his dept a fat check for an endowed scholarship... Great stuff. You don't see much of that in today's "me" era.

Plus, on the field he was a blast to watch. As an Aggie, I greatly enjoyed watching him toss Colt around like a rag doll.

I'm also really glad we won't have to face him next year. He literally would have defeated us single handedly in 09 (our oline wasn't very good).

The radio station here in KC was mostly cool about it except one guy thinking suh was just trying to bring attention to himself by announcing it at the spring game...the guy clearly didn't understand how die hard we are as fans and this kind of announcement is just an excuse to further celebrate Husker football...

It wouldn't surprise me if suh made the donation and Bo or someone else in the AD department insisted on a video and spring game announcement...

The guy's a tribute to your university. Staying for his senior year, getting his degree, and then turning around and giving his dept a fat check for an endowed scholarship... Great stuff. You don't see much of that in today's "me" era.

Plus, on the field he was a blast to watch. As an Aggie, I greatly enjoyed watching him toss Colt around like a rag doll.

I'm also really glad we won't have to face him next year. He literally would have defeated us single handedly in 09 (our oline wasn't very good).

Speaking of the Aggies...how did your spring game go? Give us a rundown if you could TexasAggie. Oh and thanks for the nice words on Suh :thumbs

Speaking of the Aggies...how did your spring game go? Give us a rundown if you could TexasAggie. Oh and thanks for the nice words on Suh :thumbs

I am in a bit of a rush at the moment so I can't write anything extensive myself, but here's a link to a report written by a former A&M LB who played for us in the early 90s. It's a bit long and his writing isn't Dickens quality, but it will give you an idea how our spring practices & game went and where our program is.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1612902&forum_id=5

Super short cliff notes

Defense: We look faster and more confident and a few of our underclassmen who were lost last year, snap after snap, look poised to emerge as defensive playmakers now that the college game has slowed down for them. Also, a lot of our true freshman appear vastly improved after a few months in the strength and conditioning program. Here's hoping it will make them surer tacklers next year.

Offense: our skill players still look great. The OL is meh, but a lot of people missed spring workouts with injuries, so it's hard to draw any definitive conclusions. Here's a tidbit that should leave yall chuckling: we have an early enrollee (read: a friggin high school senior) at Left Tackle who was given the starting spot and never relinquished it. Granted, he is highly talented and was a big time recruit according to scout, rivals, espn, and all the other services but still. LT is a hard position! Thankfully we have a few cream puffs to start the season before the schedule gets tough.