2011 Big XII North Class Comparison - Early Spring Edition

I know it is super early and stars and rankings aren't out yet, but I took a peak at all of the North schools commitment lists for 2011. I broke them down by BCS school offers, and here are the results:

Colorado

2 commits

0 BCS offers

Iowa State

0 commits

Kansas

2 commits

Offers:

Iowa - 1

Kansas State - 1

Minnesota - 1

Wisconsin - 1

4 total BCS offers - 2.0 BCS offers per verbal

Kansas State

5 commits

Offers:

Oklahoma State - 1

1 total BCS offer - 0.2 BCS offers per verbal

Missouri

7 commits

Offers:

Arkansas - 1

Illinois - 1

Kansas - 1

Kansas State - 1

Miami - 1

Stanford - 1

Wisconsin - 1

7 total BCS offers - 1.0 BCS offers per verbal

Nebraska

6 commits

Offers:

Arizona - 1

Boston College - 2

California - 1

Cincinatti - 1

Clemson - 1

Duke - 1

Florida - 1

Florida State - 1

Georgia - 1

Illinois - 2

Indiana - 2

Kansas - 2

Miami - 1

Michigan - 2

Michigan State - 1

Minnesota - 1

Missouri - 1

Ohio State - 1

Purdue - 2

Oklahoma - 1

Oregon - 1

South Florida - 1

Stanford - 3

Syracuse - 1

Tennessee - 1

Texas A&M - 1

Texas Tech - 1

Vanderbilt - 1

West Virginia - 1

Wisconsin - 1

38 total BCS offers - 6.3 BCS offers per verbal

I know there are other teams fans who will state that Tyler Moore is most of the offers. Both Kevin Williams and Ryan Klachko each have more offers than the total for all of Missouri's recruits. I know that there are those who will look at the commitment dates and use that for lack of offers (which is valid in many cases). We have two commits that are in the same boat (Admire and Reeves both show only one other offer each), but Moore commited in October 2009 and has a huge offer list. There are also those that will say that these offer lists aren't updated for commits. That is true, as I know Lane Kiffin contacted both Ryne Reeves and Tyler Moore, yet no USC offers are listed above. So really, all of the excuses apply to Nebraska as well and the truth is that at this point in time, we are just recruiting at another level. Whether this will hold for the rest of the year or translate on the field remains to be seen, but it is an exciting time for those of us who just can't seem to get enough football during the long months between spring game and fall practice.

• Fire 7

How long can Hawkins seriously think that he'll be retained doing a job like that. I mean, they won a National Title less than 20 years ago and were in the BCS less than 10 years ago and look at them now. Just...bad, but then again, I guess their situation is still better than the best day as a Husker...

How long can Hawkins seriously think that he'll be retained doing a job like that. I mean, they won a National Title less than 20 years ago and were in the BCS less than 10 years ago and look at them now. Just...bad, but then again, I guess their situation is still better than the best day as a Husker...

I'll bet CU is really glad they spent a king's ransom buying out Gary Barnett's contract. Ha ha ha! The Puffaloes. What a bunch of losers.

That's something I've been wondering about, too. Pretend I'm a recruit and Colorado comes knocking. The ONLY reasonable thing I can conclude about the Buffs is that their head coach is going to be fired and that right soon. The program is in the dump, it is kryptonite to talent. With the exception of kids who are just willing to take a free ride from anywhere, who on earth would sign with the Puffs this season? I'm 100% damn serious. Who would waste the ink it would take to sign their name?