New License Plates

What's everyone think about the new license plates? I have friends who live out in Grand Island and find that the covered wagon is somewhat offensive. They say it makes them seem like "hicks" and/or "rednecks."

I live in West O and I told them that we don't look down on people from the West just because they have a "pioneer" type reputation. I told my friends from GI it's much ado about nothing.

Anyone else have thoughts on the new plates?

God knows we can't have a thing in the state without have the damn covered wagon on it. I mean, c'mon, is that all we can come up with is 19th century mode of transportation?

Personally, I would like to have a single license plate that stays with the car forever. It's dumb to me to spend money on changing license plates for looks. The purpose of the plate is to identify the vehicle, not to accent it.

God knows we can't have a thing in the state without have the damn covered wagon on it. I mean, c'mon, is that all we can come up with is 19th century mode of transportation?

Personally, I would like to have a single license plate that stays with the car forever. It's dumb to me to spend money on changing license plates for looks. The purpose of the plate is to identify the vehicle, not to accent it.

The state needs revenue, and with the population it can be done. It's small enough

What's everyone think about the new license plates? I have friends who live out in Grand Island and find that the covered wagon is somewhat offensive. They say it makes them seem like "hicks" and/or "rednecks."

I live in West O and I told them that we don't look down on people from the West just because they have a "pioneer" type reputation. I told my friends from GI it's much ado about nothing.

I don't see what the big fuss is, someone is always going to have an issue with whatever is put on the plates, but I do agree the wagon image is very outdated.

The state needs revenue, and with the population it can be done. It's small enough

I suppose if you look at it that way. It just seems so unnecessary to me.

Would you like to discuss this at Biaggi's or something. I really can't understand the fuss. Omaha and to an extent Lincoln is Nebraska. Why even represent with a wagon?

Would you like to discuss this at Biaggi's or something. I really can't understand the fuss. Omaha and to an extent Lincoln is Nebraska. Why even represent with a wagon?

you see, I live in Omaha, but I can see why the rest of the state really looks down on the uppityness of those of us from the east side of the state.

It's like those of you that wear leather wristbands, use the unisex bathrooms, and gorge yourselves at places such as Biaggi's or The Upstream, continue to look down on the other 80% of our state.

Give it a rest we are all Nebraskans, covered wagons or not.

Interesting idea... kind of Czechoslovakian ( as in pre-end of the cold war), but interesting none-the-less.

Myself, I think a license plate is a fashion statement - - much like a new pair of eyeglasses, or a new shirt, or a pair of sneaks, etc. In fact, I like to switch mine off about every month or so. Number changes are fun, and that way it's not like you are having to pay for a vanity plate or somethin'.

The covered wagon is cool. I wish, however, that it was an Amish buggy like they have in Indiana or Ohio, or Pennsylvania, or parts or Wisconsin. Complete with a Caution symbol. That would be neat.