Terrance Nunn

kramer

Any takers that NUnn will be at least honorable all big 12 WR this year????

Nunn capitalizes on opportunity to shine

By TOMMY DAHLK / Daily Nebraskan

August 25, 2005

This fall, as junior wide receiver Isaiah Fluellen and senior Mark LeFlore were hampered by injuries throughout fall camp, sophomore wide receiver Terrence Nunn was given the opportunity to showcase his talents with the first team offense.

Now, his ability has his quarterback and coaches singing his praises.

Nunn had a steady first year, starting six games and notching 16 receptions for 218 yards in 2004. But after last season at NU, Nunn is looking forward to this season.

“I’ve really improved, and I really understand the offense now,” Nunn said. “I’ve learned defenses. I’ve learned how to stem the cornerback so that I can run my routes better.”

Junior quarterback Zac Taylor has liked what he’s seen from Nunn in fall camp.

“Terrence is an incredible athlete,” Taylor said. “He makes great plays day in and day out. He has a great understanding of the offense and what routes he’s trying to run.”

Nunn said his work ethic has been instrumental to his improved play.

During spring practice and in fall camp, Nunn has worked hard in the weight room. Also, Nunn has been a regular in the film room, watching and learning different defenses.

No one questions Nunn’s talent and dedication, however. Offensive Coordinator Jay Norvell says consistency and confidence are challenges Nunn still faces.

“We’ve challenged him to take the next step,” Norvell said. “We need to find go-to guys at the receiver position, and he’s stepped up. Now it’s a matter of being consistent. Consistency is the key at that position. You’ve got to run great routes all the time and you’ve got to want the football.”

Nunn says he thinks he can transfer his excellent camp into an excellent season.

“I am very confident right now,” Nunn said. “I do believe the confidence will stay with me, and I will step it up this season. It’s up to me. I’ve got to keep working hard and it’s my own destiny.”

With injuries plaguing some of the seasoned Cornhusker receivers in fall camp, Nunn was given the opportunity to display his ability.

“You’ve got to play big when it’s time to play big,” Norvell said. “That’s what the challenge is for Terrence.”

I'm a pretty big Nunn fan, I like the way he plays. Never hear him complaining just does his job. He wont break any records, but he's steady

I have said it and I will say it again, I think this guy is going to be a great contributor for the team. He is exactly as you said, Eric. He was one of the few bright spots last year.