I gave V a fair shake. However many episodes were on the first run before the break, that's how many I managed before facepalming. Bad writing, terrible characters, hot aliens, and poor plotting. You could cast the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and it still wouldn't make the show interesting enough to get a second season. I can picture the studio exec barely holding a shaky hand over the CANCEL button even as we speak.

As for LOST, it set itself up as one of the best television shows in history...for about three seasons. Then the fourth season came out––made me nervous. Fifth season came out––really nervous. Sixth season, the dump they started to take on themselves in season five has finally emerged as the huge mound of televised poo I'd been anticipating for about twenty episodes. The writing took a nosedive and Abrams is learning a hard lesson about the bitch-whore of mysteries. The longer you build it up, the more impossible it is to exceed expectations. Now we're at the point where if LOST was over tomorrow, it wouldn't be soon enough. I don't even care what the island is anymore. Tell me it's a nursery, just make it stop.

As Jack said all the way back in season one, voice quaking, almost in tears: "I need it...I need it to be over."