Nebraska like last years alabama's team?

Glad to hear all the hype, finally nice to hear some good takes on us at the National level to get our swagger back! :D

Bo won't let the hype get to their heads though, he will keep them at a nice level and make them want to win every game and not be handed victories. This is so refreshing to hear.

And yes, we would have won the BCS title last year if we were able to get a little bit of a push up-front for the running game, and was able to hold blocks long enough for routes to develop, but with all the nagging injuries, well, we all know how the season went.

With all the talk at the National level, that will surely bring the haters and trolls out, which is fine by me since that usually means we are making our way back to be on top for a while!

Maybe this will be THE year, but I'm trying to stay away from the "Hype Train", but it's reads like this that you can't help but get excited over! And who can blame us as fans?

:restore

Everything in that article is spot on aside from the LSU and Miami references. Just the fact that Nebraska could seemingly come out of nowhere and be on top again -- Alabama was in the same boat. They went through several "Callahans" before they got Nick Saban.

Comparisons like this are cute, and this one is especially interesting, but some of those are pure fluff. "having a junior college offensive tackle" for example.

I don't think it's fluff at all. Usually it's ambitious teams that get JUCO players to replace weakness on the team immediately. They're usually some of the best players in the country.

Did they go through several "Callahans" or did they go through several NCAA probations and sanctions? Do they have all their schollies back yet? There was a big reason they hadn't won a NC since 92'. They cheated, and they cheated numerous times resulting in many sanctions. I'd say it would be easier to compare what Alabama did with Saban to what OU did with Stoops. I'd like to think Nebraska will play for a NC this season, but it's quite a stretch to compare us to Alabama.