Chris Brooks is a Buccaneer

Okay people DO realize that Brooks had a boot on his foot part of this past football season... Correct?

Hmm.. I you realize he's had NFL talent his entire career here. He was a touted recruit coming in, and should have seen the field often by his sophomore season. We complained about our lack of WR talent. Well we can see there was talent that wasn't utilized correctly. I think the same can be said about Meno Holt. Gilmore has to go.

By his sophomore season? Didn't we have guys like Swift, Peterson, Nunn, and Purify in those years? But his junior and senior seasons, yes, he should have had more opportunity to step up. It's disappointing he didn't get more chances.

Is it possible that Gilmore has a tendency to keep players in his dog house to long?? Maybe Brooks was never in there, he never complained. Then again, it's hard to tell what goes on in practice. Uh oh, we talkin' about PRACTICE? lol Just asking, I really don't understand. It sure won't look good if Chris get on the field in the NFL.

Chris Brooks didn't see the field IMO bc he didn't block like a tight end. ... Chris Brooks was consistently making plays when he was given the chance. He rarely dropped balls and it appeared that he was never given the chance to stretch the field. It's all really confusing and dissapointing.

I've pointed this out a couple times, but it seems like Brooks was just hit with a great deal of bad luck this past year. He get inserted into the line up against TTech and has like 5 catches for 70 yards or something, but he ended up hurting his back bad enough that he had to sit out a couple weeks towards the end of the game or during practice the next week. Then by the time he got healthy Pelini had pulled the strings on Watson's offense and they only used Paul on pretty much every play.

No doubt Chris Brooks has got the tools. But who knows for sure why he didn’t catch on at NU? Probably a combination of these explanations by huskers1 and whateveritis.

Chris Brooks didn't see the field IMO bc he didn't block like a tight end. ... Chris Brooks was consistently making plays when he was given the chance. He rarely dropped balls and it appeared that he was never given the chance to stretch the field. It's all really confusing and dissapointing.

I've pointed this out a couple times, but it seems like Brooks was just hit with a great deal of bad luck this past year. He get inserted into the line up against TTech and has like 5 catches for 70 yards or something, but he ended up hurting his back bad enough that he had to sit out a couple weeks towards the end of the game or during practice the next week. Then by the time he got healthy Pelini had pulled the strings on Watson's offense and they only used Paul on pretty much every play.

No doubt Chris Brooks has got the tools. But who knows for sure why he didn’t catch on at NU? Probably a combination of these explanations by huskers1 and whateveritis.

Another dimension to this that I thought of, we'll want to wait until Chris flashes in the NFL before hitting Gilmore with too much blame for this particular choice. Frantz Hardy was also a guy who caught on in the NFL as a UDFA, but there's less sense that he was wronged.

Granted, Chris has a much better case, and I feel he should have had more chances, even injuries aside...but based on his NFL contract alone, I don't think that means too much.