How do I harden my heart???:)

We have some baby kittens in our back yard. My husband brought one of them in the house yesterday. I told him we aren't going to keep it because we have some already and dogs. Well to make a long story short...I held the kitty..it has the cutest face and the dang kitty started winking at me and cuddled up to us. It got to my heart..it was hot here yesterday and I couldn't let it back outside...go figure:) Named the kitty "Winky."

You just have to be practical. If you can afford the kitty and it won't mess with your life too much or bother the dogs, then it shouldn't be a problem. You already have a bunch of pets - what's one more?

But if it's going to cause problems, whether financial or lifestyle, you have to be practical and send it off to a good home.

My in-laws had a similar problem recently with some strays from their backyard. They ended up finding good homes for all the kittens, and sent the adults to a farm with a field mouse problem. Everyone is going to be OK, and everyone has a good home.

That is what I said to myself..we already have pets so what's one more?:) We get the pets fixed and we know a lady who will give us discounts to get them fixed. The cats and dogs get along so that helps:) We have one cat named Domino..should of named it a_hole lol He is the boss cat and is always getting into something...he came up to our door so saved him too. We found one home for a kitty we had..it went to a good home. A friend of ours is going to ask at her workplace if any of her employees want one.

I'm the one who has to put the hammer down on the animals (figuratively speaking of course, lol). My wife has a huge soft spot for animals. Our next door neighbor's cat has had 2 litters of kittens in less than a year. We kept one of them but this last litter, no way. The momma cat and 3 of her kittens are now stuck outside. We feed and water them but they're in no way allowed in the house. My neighbor says it's her sons cat. I don't care whose cat it is. Take care of it or get rid of it.

Her damn kids (most without jobs) have a tendency to bring home animals ($300-400 dollar dogs!!) and then leave them at "moms house" because they have no way of supporting the animal (no job/money, live in an apt, etc). She at one time had 9 freakin dogs in her backyard. The breaking point for her was after she received thousands of dollars in fines after 6 or 7 of them got out and 4 or 5 of them "acted aggresively" towards the animal control officer. I have half a mind of placing a "free cat/kittens" ad on craigslist just to get rid of these cats/kittens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z_3EZWkM1c&feature=related

I can't get that stupid song out of my head now :LOLtartar

Me too...er three..

Sounds like Roxy needs a large pet snake. :ahhhhhhhh

I brought home a kitten that nearly got squished by a forklift at work..I tried to sneak it into our backyard and intended to give it to my Siberian Husky to play with..But within minutes my kids and my Wife sort of hijacked the putty tat and my Husky and I ended up losing our cat in the divorce a few years later,. :boxosoap