Bruce Lee Interview

"Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing."

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”

“All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.”

“Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

Bruce Lee may be one of the most underrated philosophical minds of the 20th century. Had people looked a little deeper during his lifetime, they may have appreciated him for more than just his fighting skills.

• Fire 1

The new "Karate Kid" movie.

How can he be the karate kid if he is taught kung fu????

Man I made a stupid comment a couple of weeks ago. In the original Karate Kid there was "Wax on...Wax off". In the new movie Jackie Chan's character tells the kid "Jacket on"...I said "Great...first we had 'Wax on...wax off'...now we're gonna have 'jacket on...jacket off'" :facepalm:

The new "Karate Kid" movie.

How can he be the karate kid if he is taught kung fu????

Man I made a stupid comment a couple of weeks ago. In the original Karate Kid there was "Wax on...Wax off". In the new movie Jackie Chan's character tells the kid "Jacket on"...I said "Great...first we had 'Wax on...wax off'...now we're gonna have 'jacket on...jacket off'" :facepalm:

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

I'm a HUGE Bruce Lee fan, and he's one of the favorite figures of the 20th century. I recommend people read up on him, because he is a fascinating individual. He was revolutionary in many fields, including martial arts, fitness/nutrition, philosophy, the martial arts genre of movies (especially as a fight scene choreographer), and a breakthrough actor who shattered many stereotypes about Asians prevalent at the time.

The guy was an incredible athlete (he drank self-made protein drinks before anyone knew what they were.) Here is a list of some of his physical abilities per wiki:

Physical feats

Lee's phenomenal fitness meant he was capable of performing many exceptional physical feats.[86][87][88][89] "A man able to perform super human feats that have yet to be equaled."[90] The following list includes some of the physical feats that are attributed to Bruce Lee.

• Lee's striking speed from three feet with his hands down by his side reached five hundredths of a second.[91]
  • Lee could take in one arm a 75 lb barbell from a standing position with the barbell held flush against his chest and slowly stick his arms out locking them, holding the barbell there for 20 seconds.[92]
  • Lee's combat movements were at times too fast to be captured on film for clear slow motion replay using the traditional 24 frames per second of that era, so many scenes were shot in 32 frames per second for better clarity.[93][94][95]
  • In a speed demonstration, Lee could snatch a dime off a person's open palm before they could close it, and leave a penny behind.[96]
  • Lee would hold an elevated v-sit position for 30 minutes or longer.[88]
  • Lee could throw grains of rice up into the air and then catch them in mid-flight using chopsticks.[97]
  • Lee could thrust his fingers through unopened cans of Coca-Cola. (This was when soft drinks cans were made of steel much thicker than today's aluminum cans).[95]
  • Lee performed one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger.[89][97][98]
  • Lee performed 50 reps of one-arm chin-ups.[99]
  • Lee could break wooden boards 6 inches (15 cm) thick.[100]
  • Lee could cause a 200-lb (90.72 kg) bag to fly towards and thump the ceiling with a sidekick.[89]
  • Lee performed a sidekick while training with James Coburn and broke a 150 lb (68 kg) punching bag.[88][101]
  • In a move that has been dubbed "Dragon Flag", Lee could perform leg lifts with only his shoulder blades resting on the edge of a bench and suspend his legs and torso horizontal midair.[102]

LINK

And here is a video of his famous one-handed, two finger push-ups: