Stick or Quit

I am really trying to see a downside to moving to the B10...and I just don't see one.

It is good for the University and the State. Football takes recruiting and coaching - both take money. Which we will get.

The politics of the league will be far better. Many powerful voices vs. one superpower.

There may actually be alliances that shift. Couldn't do much worse with our Big 8 'pals'.

Even the demographics are in our favor as the rust belt levels out Nebraska will continue to grow.

• Fire 1

I am really trying to see a downside to moving to the B10...and I just don't see one.

It is good for the University and the State. Football takes recruiting and coaching - both take money. Which we will get.

The politics of the league will be far better. Many powerful voices vs. one superpower.

There may actually be alliances that shift. Couldn't do much worse with our Big 8 'pals'.

Even the demographics are in our favor as the rust belt levels out Nebraska will continue to grow.

Nebraska is growing? I thought that they were going to lose a Representative to the House?

Nebraska is growing? I thought that they were going to lose a Representative to the House?

According to the US Census Bureau, Nebraska has grown - are you ready for this? - by 80,000 from 2001-2009.

Whoop! :)

Here's a discussion about this from another forum. They're saying we're going to lose a seat, too. LINK

Growing relative to Michigan (0.3%), Penn, Ohio, and Iowa (2.8%).

Nebraska is between 5 and 6%. The Country is around 9%.

Texas is at frickin' 18%. They added the population of Nebraska...twice over. From 2000 to 2009

May or may not lose the seat. Iowa may yet take the hit instead. TBD.

I know, I know fascinating subject.

Growing relative to Michigan (0.3%), Penn, Ohio, and Iowa (2.8%).

Nebraska is between 5 and 6%. The Country is around 9%.

Texas is at frickin' 18%. They added the population of Nebraska...twice over. From 2000 to 2009

May or may not lose the seat. Iowa may yet take the hit instead. TBD.

I know, I know fascinating subject.

Yes, but many of the new Texas 'citizens' think that the futbol championship isn't in Phoenix but South Africa

According to the US Census Bureau, Nebraska has grown - are you ready for this? - by 80,000 from 2001-2009.

Here's a discussion about this from another forum. They're saying we're going to lose a seat, too. LINK

That is still 5%.

http://www.census.gov/popest/states/NST-pop-chg.html

Nebraska 1,796,619 1,711,265 85,354

Michigan added just 31K.

Not saying Nebraska will ever catch MI or any other state in the B10.

It just won't be such a mismatch. 24M vs. 1.8M.

That is still 5%.

http://www.census.gov/popest/states/NST-pop-chg.html

Michigan added just 31K.

gotta love data analysis...what more can i say

Whoop! smile.gif

That is still 5%.

http://www.census.go...ST-pop-chg.html

Michigan added just 31K.

gotta love data analysis...what more can i say

Yeah baby...yeah. I am also great at parties! woot.gif