The Right Direction

We had two major problems last year. One Pelini and his input to a angry secondary through out the year.

Joe was a problem from the spring game. Most knew then we were in real trouble by watching him, his inability to do the reads, his poor passing mechanics, his happy feet and his tunnel vision. It was disaster waiting to happen. I posted it in April of last year that we had real problems.

Unfortunately I did not see the spring game this year. But after talking with people that I respect and feel they know what they are doing, I have confidence we will be much better this year. I do worry about our two OOC early games. Both are seasoned teams that have played well on the road. It will depend on this teams abitility to come together under fire. Talk is cheap, we need to see it on the field. Wake Forest will be a major hurdle as far as I am concerned. I think we will com out of it with a win, if we do I only see one loss the rest of the season and that will be Texas Tech. We need momentum, the coaches have told these players just how tough WF is. We mangle them the ball will be rolling down field quickly.

Either way, I think we see marked improvement from the team, and that is the major word TEAM. We did not have that last year.

Definently, no doubt in my mind...The record will look better, but the improvements will not stop there. The team has a much better attitude, and the guys want to be playing here. We dont have our prestige and swagger of the old huskers yet, but with how these guys are coming along this year, that time is not far off.