Will Miss the Big 12 & you guys

Hey, I know a lot of you guys hate Texas but some of us down here really have enjoyed the Big 12. Hey, I still miss the SWC because you could pretty much go to any of the away games. There is no doubt that these changes are not really in the best interest of either the fans or the students. Its just more about squeezing every last dollar out of college sports. Does any of this make sense for the sports other than football? I was sorry that the breakup of the SWC lead to the demise of the NEB - OU game every year. So good luck and I hope you find that Ohio State and Michigan are more to your liking. Not that I have been there, but several of my buddies went to the Texas-Ohio State game up there and told me the trip to Ohio State was not very nice for the visiting Texas fans (so you may find that you have a new OU to hate). I am certainly sorry if you felt like you got the shaft from Texas. There are a lot of us down here that aren't happy about any of this. Obviously its a great time for us (texas) to maybe move to the Pac ? and the now penalized and embarrassed Trojans......

Sorry, these changes are very much in the interest of our state, fans, and students. I have no real issues with Texas because Texas has just been looking out for itself and trying to get everything they can. And they've had the clout to do so. But now the shoe's on the other foot and Nebraska had the opportunity to better our university as a whole and the state. And we took it and will benefit greatly from it.

Thanks. I have no animosity towards Texas fans or any other Big 12 fans for that matter. In times of uncertainty with all the re-alignment talks happening, it was in Nebraska's best interest to look out for itself. I would expect any other institution to do the same thing.

With that said, I look forward to playing OU and UT in future bowl games. wink.gif