From Columbus, Ohio..WELCOME TO THE BIG TEN!!!

Oh, so you are angry because I don't like the big ten? or what is your problem? I think it is absolutely wonderful, that the big ten fans will now get to come to Lincoln... whatever! How would you feel if Ohio State left the big ten and joined the ACC? I don't think you would like it either, so kma. Those of us with loyalties to both Nebraska and the big twelve are in a bad position now. Since you are obviously the smartest MF in the world, you should realize that not everyone is happy about this move. Finally, if you want to meet me in Lincoln, to discuss this without talking, I will be happy to oblige.

Your warning level has been raised. Please read the board rules. No name calling and or personal attacks.

Manhattan, though a bit more acerbic, made the point I will. I only meant that we will be very excited to see your stadium and fans, which are both legendary, and that in the first year or three (as teams get their first chance to visit) we will be very excited to visit. I know you have had no problems in the past, I just meant that some welcome arms would be much appreciated so that we could see everything at your school.

In short: it was a compliment you absolutely moronic idiot.

Crap. I was trying to be nice. (I'm in Manhattan too, ha!)

Your warning level has been increased. Please read the board rules. No name calling and or personal attacks.

Is this 1984? (*peers with fear at the television beside him*). Wow. This board is awesome. So I bash in the head of an obvious idiot a bit with, oh my god, reason (and horribly a few harsh words at the end!) and I am "warned?" Is this the kiddie room for Nebraska posters? Read all my posts. I have been nothing but respectful and honorable, and shown honor to you. This is a trip and ridiculous. Goodbye kiddie board. And welcome to the Big Ten: where intellectualism wins out over idiocy. You won't have to do this anymore.

BYE!

Folks, we must keep the board clean. When discussions get heated, please take things to the Woodshed. There is a link on the main page for a "Behind The Woodshed" forum. If you need the password just PM a mod or admin. We appreciate the new members stopping by and signing up, and if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Thanks.

• Fire 2

Don't kid yourself... Nebraska is and will continue to lose some fans over this move. It is a chicken-_ _ _ _ move, and that shows loyalty can be purchased. So we should just say goodbye to history? No more Oklahoma / Nebraska games, but I'm sure Nebraska / Illinois will be a show-stopper. What happens now to Nebraska if we cannot win the big 10? Do we go the WAC then? If Nebraska wants more money, they need to start winning more games. I have lost alot of respect for Nebraska and Tom Osborne over this. I know alot of Big Ten fans, and I can tell you right now that there isn't more solidarity in the big ten than in the big 12. You won't find a Michigan fan rooting for Iowa or Michigan State to win a non-conference game, not like you would see a Texas or Oklahoma fan rooting for Nebraska. I can guarantee you that! Is the big ten finally going to start having a championship game? The only reason, and I mean the ONLY reason that big ten fans are welcoming this move, is because they have always thought the big ten to be a much tougher conference than the big twelve, and they all think they are going to march into Lincoln and pound on Nebraska. I can tell you right now, that this move would not have been so welcomed back in Nebraska's glory days! Just think about it.

I can tell that you are correct. Want to know how? Because you're such an avid 'Husker fan and contributing member of HuskerBoard.com and you have a whole 5 posts. Congrats.

And just so you don't have to peg down my Welcome to the Board post, I'll summarize. I measured a 'Husker 10 1/2 years ago. I have had frequent discussions with her family about 'Husker Nation and the tradition that resides in the shrine of Memorial Stadium. I have had a pleasant meeting with said Nation for the time of my marriage. Furthermore, I've been on HuskerBoard.com for a total of three days and have many-fold posts to see that the vast majority on this board don't mirror your feelings nor presentation style. They, to me, embody what I had already experienced of 'Husker Nation as great people. This marriage between Nebraska and the Big Ten is a good thing. I can understand mourning the loss of past rivalries; however, the dawning of a much greater future is evident.

I'm a lifelong Husker fan that moved to Wisconsin in 1996. After being in Big 10 country for awhile, I think Nebraska is in for a very pleasant surprise. I truly believe that Huskers will soon see that the Big 10 conference has more solidarity, mutual respect, and collective "class" than ever existed in the short-lived Big 12. Being in the Big 10 will also put them back in the national spotlight versus the relative national black out that the Big 12 North afforded them. Believe me, before last year's Texas game, nobody in the nation ever saw you play or even got highlights of your games! It was almost criminal, but that will change after the announcement of the move to the Big 10. The pollsters will be much more aware of Nebraska now. The Big 10 gives Nebraska a national spotlight that the Big 12 never did or could.

The Big 10 has acquired one of college football's crown jewels. I know that Big 10 fans are probably sick of hearing about it, but Nebraska really is a great place to play an away game. Both you and your team will be treated with the courtesy and respect that they richly deserve. Husker fans are some of the most knowledgeable and passionate in the sport.

Time will prove this decision to be a marriage made in heaven. Don't pay any attention to the trolls that are trying to stir up trouble between us. The same goes for those sportswriters from states that are suffering from the "jilted girlfriend" complex. It is all sour grapes.

Um, that's a banana. Just saying.

(And yes I made amends and came back-- deal with me. :) )

Not by the long and storied tradition of this, the best message board ever the emoticon's name is "corndance" :corndance (look at the post in edit mode)

Welcome back, be nice. Remember: attack the post and not the poster and things will work out great. I always welcome different view points, but tend to use the ignore function :thumbs on people who let their emotions get the best of them.

Um, that's a banana. Just saying.

(And yes I made amends and came back-- deal with me. :) )

Not by the long and storied tradition of this, the best message board ever the emoticon's name is "corndance" :corndance (look at the post in edit mode)

Welcome back, be nice. Remember: attack the post and not the poster and things will work out great. I always welcome different view points, but tend to use the ignore function :thumbs on people who let their emotions get the best of them.

And I tend to use the smackdown on trolls. Apparently I will not do so here. ;) I respect that different boards have different cultures.

Some even call bananas corn. But what do I know. :)

I'm really impressed with the overwhelming welcome by so many Big 10 fans. There seems to be a clear solidarity within the conference that is readily apparent--as is in the SEC. This didn't seem to be the case in 1995 when the SWC joined with the Big 8 and never really formed.

Looking forward to some epic battles!

The Big Ten is a very proud conference. When we aren't playing each other, we always root for each other (with the exception of rivals). Nebraska is a team that most of us have already respected, and it greatly increased when you guys joined. I can tell you that every fanbase is very excited right now.