big 10 teams now

Saw a quote from the Big 10 commissioner, Delaney, that said that they would "pause" from any further expansion for the next 12 to 18 months. ESPN story

AlbuquerqueRed

/Big 10... surreal.

Yeah, and just a few months ago they were going to just "explore" expansion over the next 12-18 months. Delaney is incredibly intelligent and very measured, but he's not going to sit on the sideline if an opportunity is there. And the opportunity could be there next week.

He can have Notre Dame in the conference by the end of the month if he's willing to take on Rutgers, Pitt, and Syracuse. Or he could expand the empire to just take Rutgers and Missouri to add St. Louis & NY media markets and then see if the SEC takes WV and the ACC finishes off the Big East to force Notre Dame's hand.

Personally, I'm just happy to have Nebraska. If they want to add Mizzou in the west & Rutgers and/or Pitt in the East if ND is the endgame, I'd be pretty happy with that too.

I firmly believe that we will have 2 years of conference play with only Nebraska added (2011 and 2012 seasons) due to the 25 month notification window that the Big East has. The final moves don't need to be announced until June 1 of next year for play starting in the 2013 season.

I really hope that the Big10 just closes the door at 12.

that would be nice, and none of this superconferene business comes to fruition, and the big 12 is just texas and oklahoma and 8 other schools no one cares about, which would be ironical, because that would be pretty similar to the pac 10.