comments about texas

has a school ever caused so much negative talk about their university. i, all the years i have been around football, they are the most hated school i can remember, and the respect towards them got to a all time low...for any school.. i am suprised that the pac 10 even considers them

Don't get me started. Hated 'em since the Big 12's inception, & the many ways we've lost to them over the years hasn't helped at all. This is what happens when all Texas sees is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Needless to say, I'm glad Osborne & Perlman saw Texas threats = :bs: . There's nothing more I'd like to see than Nebraska destroying the Longhorns on 10/16 in Lincoln & again 12/4 in Cowboy Stadium. Can't think of a better way to go out on top in the Texas-controlled Big 12.

Don't get me started. Hated 'em since the Big 12's inception, & the many ways we've lost to them over the years hasn't helped at all. This is what happens when all Texas sees is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Needless to say, I'm glad Osborne & Perlman saw Texas threats = :bs: . There's nothing more I'd like to see than Nebraska destroying the Longhorns on 10/16 in Lincoln & again 12/4 in Cowboy Stadium. Can't think of a better way to go out on top in the Texas-controlled Big 12.

beat the crap out of them 10/16 and watch them fail the rest of the season away to mediocrity...beat the sooners one more time in cowboy stadium...i think i like that better...comments anyone???

I cant stand texas. I remember about 6 years ago they lost in the championship of the CWS and their entire team refused to go out and accept the 2nd place trophy because they "were to good for 2nd" . What a classless act by not only their team but the coaching staff for allowing it.

I cant stand texas. I remember about 6 years ago they lost in the championship of the CWS and their entire team refused to go out and accept the 2nd place trophy because they "were to good for 2nd" . What a classless act by not only their team but the coaching staff for allowing it.

i forgot about that, that was shocking at the time, but memories of texas are generally fleeting for me.

I don't hate Texas. Yes, they had our # there for a while, but if you look at the overall picture, well, let's just say it doesn't bother me that much. The first Texas win over NU at the Big 12 title game in 1996 was nothing but a fluke. The second loss to Texas came in 1998 after TO left and before EC was really on his way to a phenom career. In 1999 we lost to Texas and avenged the defeat by winning a conference title over the Longhorns. We lost to them in 2002, our 7-7 campaign, and we lost to them in 2003, when our team was simply not very good. Bill Callahan's teams almost beat Texas in both 2006 and 2007. We all know how bad we were in 2007 and still almost got it done, in Austin no less. Bo Pelini has faced the Longhorns once and almost beat them. If you look over all the games, most, outside of 2003, was very, very, very close. One play here or there, and we win ALL of those. I really think, under Bo, we were about to launch a fairly lengthy winning streak against the Horns. And those wins would have meant more since NU was returning to prominence and will likely be playing for much bigger stakes...NCs and BCS bowl games.

As far as Augie's comments on the Big 12 baseball tourney, well, I agree. Before Callahan showed on the scene in Lincoln, I think our attitude was similar. When we went into a football season, our thought was that we needed to get to the Big 12 title game, because you can't win the title if you aren't in the title game. I don't remember anybody taking a lot of bows because we were the Big 12 North Champs. If the Huskers made the title game 10 years in a row and lost all 10, we would all be pulling our hair out and screaming. None of us red-clad fans would be saying....oh, it's OK, at least we are the 10 time North Champs.