I still have goose bumps over Nebraska joining!!!!

Like I said before, when the honeymoon is over the trash talking and other assorted crap that makes college football so much fun can start. I'm sure it won't be all pretty.

But I just can't think of another University that fits so perfectly into the Big 10. After seeing the other names that were tossed around, there's no doubt that this would a simply brilliant addition. Frankly, I'd just as soon stop at 12 teams and call it a day.

F Notre Dame. Over rated University that would top the league in the arrogance factor. B10 is better off w/o them. Would Crapper Dame be as excited about this move as Nebraska? Hardly. Putting Rutgers and Syracuse in the same discussion as Nebraska is insulting.

No, this was a fantastic move. And now that my cable provider has the B10 Network...it doesn't get any sweeter!

With the exception of OSU & Mich(LOL) it seems that the Big 10/11/12 rivarlies are respectful-very much like NU-OU, who each always had a great deal of respect for each other.

OSU-Mich reminds me a lot of our general feelings about the slack jawed, inbred hick pieces of sh!t in Austin.

With the exception of OSU & Mich(LOL) it seems that the Big 10/11/12 rivarlies are respectful-very much like NU-OU, who each always had a great deal of respect for each other.

OSU-Mich reminds me a lot of our general feelings about the slack jawed, inbred hick pieces of sh!t in Austin.

The Minnesota-Wisconsin rivalry gets quite heated, as does Minnesota-Iowa (they have never forgiven Iowa for taking down the goalposts in the Metrodump). Iowa-Wisconsin is pretty respectful for a long-standing rivalry, and I expect NU to be the same.

I can't speak to your feelings for texas (dare I say... the whorns?), but one thing that characterizes the rivalry between OSU and Michigan is that despite all the bickering and name calling, there is a foundation based on mutual respect. It's probably harder to see from the younger fans on both sides, but it's really the basis of the rivalry--especially since the 'ten year war' between Woody Hayes and his former assistant, Bo Schembechler. The two were fierce competitors on the field, spewing vitriol and hatred. Off the field, however, they were fast friends.

I like to think those sorts of values persist to this day, but I fear men like those are largely things of the past.

Edit: Another example--following Bo's death shortly before the 2006 game, a moment of silence was observed in Ohio Stadium for their archnemesis/OSU alumnus. The stadium was actually dead silent, and the tribute to Bo was followed by applause, as opposed to booing.