Ain't this a Great Country or what

post-426-127749400685.jpg

Got a speeding ticket about 3 months ago and incurred a illegal helmet ticket along with the speed thing. I paid the speeding ticket and decided to disagree with the illegal helmet citation. Went to court today and would ya know it the LEO that cited me was one of the few there and about 15 got dismissed because the LEO wasn't there. I thought DAMN my freakin' Dutch heritage and luck. :rollin

Anyway, I was called up to the stand and told the Commissioner that I wanted to change my plea to guilty with explanation. I stated that CVC 27802 reads that "No one shall sell or offer for sale a helmet that is not approved by federal or state requirements". I stated I purchased this helmet at the Long Beach Motorcycle Expo in 2006 and did not feel that if it was illegal it shouldn't have been sold. The LEO took my helmet and told the Commissioner that there is usually a sticker in the helmet that states it is a novelty item. I stated that there was never any sticker and I had not removed any sticker from the helmet. The Commissioner stated that I should advise all my friends that own this type of helmet to be aware that they are illegal and dismissed the case.. Saved $138 without using a attorney. yay.

GBR

Rawhide

and no I am not accept clients or taking any retainers at this time :laughpound