Tim Howard

EZ-E

I have broken down every single movement that he made during the Cup. I am in no way blaming him for our back four's poor performance; just trying to put things into perspective as many believe he is the greatest thing on earth.

The goal against England- He actually wasnt out far enough. Once he made the decision to go out and challenge Gerrard he should have taken it off his foot, not stop and try to accept the shot.

The first goal against Slovenia- I am convinced he didnt see it until it was past him. If you look at it again Gooch (who was aweful) blocked Howards view completely on it. So he didnt really see it until it was past him.

The second goal was piss poor organization of the entire back four. On Tim Howard's part, he took a J approach towards the ball which is absolutely inexcusablely bad technique. If he would have went straight out he would have cut down the angle more and then with his dive he would have been able to take more of the goal away. Instead, he took this huge inefficient J approach and left the guy the whole goal to shoot at.

The first goal against Ghana- If you watch it again his positioning was off entirely, he needed to be about a foot over towards his near post, and he was actually in the air as the shot was taken. He was jumping in the air. Of course he couldnt react soon enough because you cant move while jumping. Its like jumping at a headfake in basketball. If he would have been in a set position, it would have been an easy save.

The second one- He has to make the decision to either come out, or stay home. He chose to go half and half and it cost us.

In the England match he played fairly well to be honest, every other game he was just not there. After watching the video I realized he is not at all very techniqually sound. He is an athlete playing goalkeeper, not a goalkeeper who is very athletic. He is also garbage at taking crosses and high balls. I was very unimpressed with him the whole World Cup.