PAC-10 to be renamed the PAC-12

The PAC-12 should be the PAC-16 by 2016 at the latest..but I am hoping it will be in the next 2-3 years. The Big 12 isn't bothering to change its name because it won't be around, or if what is left joins the MWC, Texas won't care what they call it because they and OU will have bolted for the PAC-16 by then.

The PAC-12 should be the PAC-16 by 2016 at the latest..but I am hoping it will be in the next 2-3 years. The Big 12 isn't bothering to change its name because it won't be around, or if what is left joins the MWC, Texas won't care what they call it because they and OU will have bolted for the PAC-16 by then.

If the Big 10 changes their name at all, something I consider very unlikely, it would revert to its previous name of The Western Conference. Naturally, the PSU folks would get their undies in a bundle about this, too.

Why not change the Big 12 to the Big 10 and the Big 10 to the Big 12 to keep in line with the number of teams? Brand names aside, its not like people wont know who is who. Just be weird to have a conference with 10/12 teams called the Big 12/10. They wont, but just saying if the Pac-10 is doing it...

NO! Absolutely, positively not. Never. No way Jose. :steam

I want nothing to do with that unholy label ever again.

Maybe the Pac 10 goes to Pacific Coast Conference (or similar) and that could work. The rest stay as is and be just fine, but the Big 12 can just go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Maybe let them use the Southwest conference again.... That's probably what the south division schools really want any way. It's why NU had to go.