Replacing Henry

I thought I heard something about giving Adi a red shirt for this season so he could be the replacemnt next year.

That wouldn't be a bad idea.

It's not happening this year, and with good reason. Adi's far too valuable on kickoffs to redshirt.

I would argue that Adi is too valuable to waste on only doing kick offs

I can't agree. Maybe it's an accuracy issue . . . but Bo sounded pretty unequivocal.

this seems to be coming up a lot for me lately...bo is focused on winning. The best players play their role. Redshirts and the like be damned. And i like that. Who cares about 3 years from now if we do or dont have a certain guy? Winning period breeds success on all fronts. Which came first? The cally redshirt or the bo mind?

We have some players lined up for that position - including somebody we recruited - but it will be hard to replace Henery. The kid is automatic. He could be lining up for a 40-45 yard field goal and I don't even think twice about it. This doesn't even factor in how good he was in the punting game in '09.

I know he is good, but I think I sometimes underestimate just how good he is. He will definitely be missed after 2010.