Pelini shuts it down

knapplc

I hardley voice my opinion here .. thats due to the fact that most already say what im thinking most of the time. I love my fellow husker fans but, We here are one of the main reasons Bo does not want media access. I dont let my life revolve around Husker football. as much as I would like it to be ... it does not. Things get blown up on here , out of hand , and speculation gets the better of most people with a passion. I salute Coach Bo on his decision to close media access, and hope the players benifit from the lack of distraction. We are fans..... not the entitled.

Mitch Sherman said on Schick & Nick that some of Ekeler's friends were at practice yesterday and went straight to the media afterwards. I am under the impression that at least one former player has been posting practice impressions on Red Sea Scrolls. There are two big no-no's when you go to practice: 1. Don't report any injury news before the coaches have had a chance to address the media. 2. Don't go posting information on practice on message boards or social network sites.

I can confirm that, also. Ekeler grew up in my hood and the people he invited were local teachers/coaches. My buddy writes for one of the local news outlets and he said Ek's guests came straight out of there blabbing it to anyone that could listen. Said they've been trying to call these guys all day to use them as sources. Feel kind of bad for them because they probably didn't realize the repercussions. But it did take my journalist buddy aback because that NEVER happens. Some things are sacred and the reporters only hear about them from Bo. I think that's alright w/ me, too...

I always find it refreshing when Bo takes the media down a peg or two.

The media loves to hide behind the "but it's our job, we're working for you...the fan" argument. It's transparent, and always annoys me. I personally can go 2-3 days without fall camp coverage if it is better for the team, and I would guess many other reasonable fans could too. And I'm not some casual fan, I sit at my computer refreshing this board and huskermax.com all day at work. :)