Quality of Huskervideos DVD's?

Does anyone know the quality of these Husker game DVD's at this site:

http://www.huskervideos.com/

I'm considering making a sizable investment in some seasons, and want to know how the video quality is (specifically the 1990's DVDs)? I understand its video with the radio call synced up. How is the syncing of that also? If anyone knows I'd appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Great investment but if you are hoping for HD type of quality than these videos are not for you.

Quality

I have a 52" LCD Sony HD flat screen tv and I own the 08' Colorado and Gater Bowl games and the 09' Oklahoma and Holiday bowl games and the quality isn't HD good. The picture quality isn't bad but its not the greatest and if you're used to watching TV shows or sports in HD than these DVD's could disappoint you but hey there Husker videos so you can't go wrong there. The best way I can describe the picture quality is lets just say if you have a HD receiver and you're watching Sportscenter in HD and then you turn it to Sportscenter SD, thats basically how the game will look on your tv and will be presented in standard def. If you've ever bought a Widescreen DVD and while watching the movie you notice the two black bars above the video shown here, you'll see that on the Husker videos except they'll be running vertically to the left and right of the video instead of horizontal top to bottom if thats something that will bother you. I don't buy Widescreen movies because those black bars bother me and make me want to pull my hair out.

Radio call sync

The radio call sync is done quit well but not all the time. There will be times where right after the play the radio announcers will be talking about the play and then it'll skip ahead to the next play and you'll miss what they had to say about that play, player(s), or any other news. The quality is good and crisp and a great addition to the DVD, its like you're watching a live game with the tv announcers on mute while listening to Grege Sharp, Lane Grindle and Matt Davidson on the radio. There are times especially the 09' OU game that you can hear the crowd in the background and will give you goosebumps or the 08' Colorada game when the crowd goes crazy after Henery's 57 yard field goal.

I don't buy Widescreen movies because those black bars bother me and make me want to pull my hair out.

you're missing part of the picture with full screen DVD's. It's an aspect ratio thing. In order to format the film to fit your TV, the viewable image has to be resized. So you get the black bars. BUT...you're not missing out on key parts of the image.

Example: http://www.moviesbystarlight.com/widescreen/widescreen.htm

that being said, yes the Husker DVDs aren't going to be HD. First off DVD doesn't support HD...but also the older seasons wouldn't even have had HD cameras around at the time. So you'll definitely see a quality difference.

you're missing part of the picture with full screen DVD's. It's an aspect ratio thing. In order to format the film to fit your TV, the viewable image has to be resized. So you get the black bars. BUT...you're not missing out on key parts of the image.

Example: http://www.moviesbystarlight.com/widescreen/widescreen.htm

that being said, yes the Husker DVDs aren't going to be HD. First off DVD doesn't support HD...but also the older seasons wouldn't even have had HD cameras around at the time. So you'll definitely see a quality difference.

Ya I know the difference between the Full and Widescreen, it's just that those black bars just bug the crap out of me for some weird reason. I shouldn't say that I don't buy Widescreen movies because I do because most of my Blu Rays are Widescreen.

Does anyone know the quality of these Husker game DVD's at this site:

http://www.huskervideos.com/

I'm considering making a sizable investment in some seasons, and want to know how the video quality is (specifically the 1990's DVDs)? I understand its video with the radio call synced up. How is the syncing of that also? If anyone knows I'd appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Great investment but if you are hoping for HD type of quality than these videos are not for you.

Quality

I have a 52" LCD Sony HD flat screen tv and I own the 08' Colorado and Gater Bowl games and the 09' Oklahoma and Holiday bowl games and the quality isn't HD good. The picture quality isn't bad but its not the greatest and if you're used to watching TV shows or sports in HD than these DVD's could disappoint you but hey there Husker videos so you can't go wrong there. The best way I can describe the picture quality is lets just say if you have a HD receiver and you're watching Sportscenter in HD and then you turn it to Sportscenter SD, thats basically how the game will look on your tv and will be presented in standard def. If you've ever bought a Widescreen DVD and while watching the movie you notice the two black bars above the video shown here, you'll see that on the Husker videos except they'll be running vertically to the left and right of the video instead of horizontal top to bottom if thats something that will bother you. I don't buy Widescreen movies because those black bars bother me and make me want to pull my hair out.

Radio call sync

The radio call sync is done quit well but not all the time. There will be times where right after the play the radio announcers will be talking about the play and then it'll skip ahead to the next play and you'll miss what they had to say about that play, player(s), or any other news. The quality is good and crisp and a great addition to the DVD, its like you're watching a live game with the tv announcers on mute while listening to Grege Sharp, Lane Grindle and Matt Davidson on the radio. There are times especially the 09' OU game that you can hear the crowd in the background and will give you goosebumps or the 08' Colorada game when the crowd goes crazy after Henery's 57 yard field goal.

Awesome, thanks for the response. Yeah I just wanted to make sure they were all at least TV SD quality. And not some kid in his basement with a video camera aimed at the TV while he's recording them. :D

I have the entire 1995 season on DVD, and I enjoy it quite a bit. Here is a video link to pretty much exactly what each game offers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMc7anxwA4M

That link is just a ten minute collection of videos from the DVD. Naturally, you get the entire game with the DVD. But, it gives you an idea of what it looks like plus what type of sound you will get. Each disk also comes with that weeks "Tom Osborne Show" at the end and you can also see the starter lists at the beginning of each game, halftime stats, and end of game stats.

My only complaint is that the Husker home games will often have this instant replay feature presented by some company from 1995. It gets old seeing a replay of almost every play AND having to sit through the sponsorship promo before you watch it. But, it's really not that bad and it was totally worth the price.