SI Big 12 Preview

I'm gonna be honest...I'm a little worried about Washington...the last time we went up there we were both in the top 10 and we upset them...thats when Brock Huard, then a heisman trophy candidate at quarterback, was playing for them...should be interesting...but of course I still have us winning...not by much though!

I just dont see how on paper washington will beat us. They have a questionable O-line and defense. They have Locker and Polk, but with the questionable line play I just dont see how those 2 players beat us. Its gonna take some serious mistakes by Nebraska for Washington to even have a chance.

Washington will be better, but not that much better. i bet they finish 7-5 or 6-6. Im just not buying into the hype of washington yet..... they won 5 games last year, big freakin deal.

• Fire 1

I just dont see how on paper washington will beat us. They have a questionable O-line and defense. They have Locker and Polk, but with the questionable line play I just dont see how those 2 players beat us. Its gonna take some serious mistakes by Nebraska for Washington to even have a chance.

Washington will be better, but not that much better. i bet they finish 7-5 or 6-6. Im just not buying into the hype of washington yet..... they won 5 games last year, big freakin deal.

Personally, I agree, but people are always going to worry about early season road games. With the massive amount of hype Jake Locker has gotten, it's kind of a perfect storm.

Personally, I agree, but people are always going to worry about early season road games. With the massive amount of hype Jake Locker has gotten, it's kind of a perfect storm.

The best thing Washington can do is not lose before the Husker game, one loss and the fans will back off and the sea of red will come in. At least that's how I see it. Unbeaten it may be a tough crowd but it's still ours to win and Pelini preps the team well for the road.

I suppose I'm looking at the Washington game this way: we handed Arizona their own heads last December and Washington's not even as good as they were. Overconfidence? Perhaps. I'm not playing the game so I'm allowed to be overconfident. chuckleshuffle

You raise a pretty good point there with UA. They might be good, even near the top of the Pac 10, but I think the Pac 10 is still at least a half a step behind the Big10, 12, and SEC.

The road aspect of it doesn't worry me as much (as maybe it should). The teams that do well on the road are the teams that play good or great defense (check for NU) and can run the ball well (hopefully a check for NU). There defense, while I still think will be improved, still has a lot to improve on. Their pass defense was terrible last year, their run defense was about middle of the pack. If we can score first and sprinkle in some big plays like on play action early and stifle them on defense, we'll take the crowd out early.

The best thing Washington can do is not lose before the Husker game, one loss and the fans will back off and the sea of red will come in. At least that's how I see it. Unbeaten it may be a tough crowd but it's still ours to win and Pelini preps the team well for the road.

BYU will be really tough for them beat. Honestly, I think they will have tough time with Syracuse, they will be looking ahead to Nebraska and lose their focused against the Orange.

I suppose I'm looking at the Washington game this way: we handed Arizona their own heads last December and Washington's not even as good as they were. Overconfidence? Perhaps. I'm not playing the game so I'm allowed to be overconfident. chuckleshuffle

You raise a pretty good point there with UA. They might be good, even near the top of the Pac 10, but I think the Pac 10 is still at least a half a step behind the Big10, 12, and SEC.

The road aspect of it doesn't worry me as much (as maybe it should). The teams that do well on the road are the teams that play good or great defense (check for NU) and can run the ball well (hopefully a check for NU). There defense, while I still think will be improved, still has a lot to improve on. Their pass defense was terrible last year, their run defense was about middle of the pack. If we can score first and sprinkle in some big plays like on play action early and stifle them on defense, we'll take the crowd out early.

I was watching the Locker "hype" videos the other day. The thing that caught my eye wasnt how good Locker is, but how terrible the defenses are in the Pac-10. Specfically the arizona game where Locker had that 90 yard run. I believe it was safety or LB came in on a blitz had straight shot at #10 and didnt wrap Locker escaped ran through 4 more arm tackles and scored. :facepalm:

On some of his pass plays it looked as if he just scrambled around and threw it up for graps, hoping the receiver would come down with.

Heres a couple of videos of Locker........ I tried to ignore the music but my ears are bleeding now.

BYU will be really tough for them beat. Honestly, I think they will have tough time with Syracuse, they will be looking ahead to Nebraska and lose their focused against the Orange.

Is Syracuse tough for anyone other than Notre Dame to beat? :lol:

I was watching the Locker "hype" videos the other day. The thing that caught my eye wasnt how good Locker is, but how terrible the defenses are in the Pac-10. Specfically the arizona game where Locker had that 90 yard run. I believe it was safety or LB came in on a blitz had straight shot at #10 and didnt wrap Locker escaped ran through 4 more arm tackles and scored. :facepalm:

On some of his pass plays it looked as if he just scrambled around and threw it up for graps, hoping the receiver would come down with.

Heres a couple of videos of Locker........ I tried to ignore the music but my ears are bleeding now.

Exactly. I was all high on the Pac 10 going into the last bowl season and they wound up going 1-6 or something, because their corners tried to get physical with wide receivers and got worked (hard), and their safeties and linebackers, though fast, were out of position a lot. If we can neutralize Locker (and I don't see any reason to think we couldn't) then I think we win handily. Also I don't think their WRs can hang with our DBs physically.

/cool story bro.