After Game Thoughts

Tex this is a perfect example of fans living in the past! Nothing we can do about it. Times have changed...days of power football are over.....Solich is gone....(thank god!)....Hey look on the bright side...OU lost to a TCU team that had THE LOWEST RANKED DEFENSE IN THE NCAA LAST YEAR! I am not saying we Looked GREAT today...but I am being optimistic and NOT throwing in the towel already like some of you are displaying!

How anyone can say Taylor had a bad game literally bumfuzzles me.

Countless drops by Phillips, Nunn and Hardy which obviously made him lose faith in his receivers. Not to mention the fact of how HORRIBLY the line ran and pass blocked all game.

People need to get down off their soap box and chill the f*** out, geez.

Taylor was a pathetic 15-36 with 2 INT's.  JD may have had 4 INT's in last year's opener, but I think the two are comparable.  Good start for Zac, but he went something like 7-25 after a quick start.  Unacceptable.  Granted, some balls were dropped, but that happened to JD too.  I absolutely can't believe this.  I was soooooo hyped this year, hoping for better.  Now I doubt it will happen.  Thanks Pedey.

Man what a fair weather fan one game in which we won, and you are ready to call the doom with a 3 win prediction! I see great improvement in this team from last year. Ross fumbles in the there 15 yard line hardy drops 2 or 3 pass that would have been scores, nunn drops countless pass! Taylor LOOKed good at least when I watch him I can see a passer when I watched daily I saw a option guy trying to pass! Remb just the first game bro we did win!

So you're saying 15-36 for less than 200 yards and 2 INT's is acceptable?

Fair weather? No. That is someone who quits rooting for his team when things go bad. I am not that. I AM, however, a frustrated fan. If NU can only play that well against Maine...things don't look so good.

WHo is posting we will not win more than 3 GAMES! Gloom and Doom I would call it! Stats don't always tell the whole story do you agree that the recievers could have helped out taylor a little bit~! I was always told if you can put your hands on the ball you need to catch it! I agree that taylor has to work on some stuff,BUt he is A by far a better quaterback then daily. Hence daily losing the starting job and then Leaving the team! Remb. we are supposed to be the best fans in history of the game lets act like it. It was a win.! GBR

So you are basically saying that an NU team who struggles to beat a 1-AA team that only won 5 games last year and lost many key players will be a great team? Great, that's your opinion. I hope you're right.

I am being realistic here. Just because I'm frustrated doesn't mean I'm a bad fan just like you being overly optimistic doesn't mean you're a great fan. In today's football, a win isn't just a win. Not playing well should never be satisfying, win or not. If having high expectations is being a bad fan, so be it.

If you lower your expectations, you won't be as good. I love NU, and just want them to play good football, and a struggling win over Maine ain't good football.

Tex this is a perfect example of fans living in the past! Nothing we can do about it. Times of changed...days of power football are over.....Solich is gone....(thank god!)....Hey look on the bright side...OU lost to a TCU team that had THE LOWEST RANKED DEFENSE IN THE NCAA LAST YEAR! I am not saying we Looked GREAT today...but I am being optimistic and throwing in the towel already like some of you are displaying!

You are correct my friend, I miss osborn like everyone else, but under solich we were not running the same off. anyone that thinks we were are just kidding themselves. Coach C will be great for huskers, but we just need give him time to restock the cupboard, solich left it empty. If we had a quaterback that could hit the right reciever last year we would have won 3 more games, but that is in the past lets support our COACH and our TEAM! Remb there is alot of new players on this team.

Taylor was a pathetic 15-36 with 2 INT's.  JD may have had 4 INT's in last year's opener, but I think the two are comparable.  Good start for Zac, but he went something like 7-25 after a quick start.  Unacceptable.  Granted, some balls were dropped, but that happened to JD too.  I absolutely can't believe this.  I was soooooo hyped this year, hoping for better.  Now I doubt it will happen.  Thanks Pedey.

Man what a fair weather fan one game in which we won, and you are ready to call the doom with a 3 win prediction! I see great improvement in this team from last year. Ross fumbles in the there 15 yard line hardy drops 2 or 3 pass that would have been scores, nunn drops countless pass! Taylor LOOKed good at least when I watch him I can see a passer when I watched daily I saw a option guy trying to pass! Remb just the first game bro we did win!

So you're saying 15-36 for less than 200 yards and 2 INT's is acceptable?

Fair weather? No. That is someone who quits rooting for his team when things go bad. I am not that. I AM, however, a frustrated fan. If NU can only play that well against Maine...things don't look so good.

WHo is posting we will not win more than 3 GAMES! Gloom and Doom I would call it! Stats don't always tell the whole story do you agree that the recievers could have helped out taylor a little bit~! I was always told if you can put your hands on the ball you need to catch it! I agree that taylor has to work on some stuff,BUt he is A by far a better quaterback then daily. Hence daily losing the starting job and then Leaving the team! Remb. we are supposed to be the best fans in history of the game lets act like it. It was a win.! GBR

So you are basically saying that an NU team who struggles to beat a 1-AA team that only won 5 games last year and lost many key players will be a great team? Great, that's your opinion. I hope you're right.

I am being realistic here. Just because I'm frustrated doesn't mean I'm a bad fan just like you being overly optimistic doesn't mean you're a great fan. In today's football, a win isn't just a win. Not playing well should never be satisfying, win or not. If having high expectations is being a bad fan, so be it.

If you lower your expectations, you won't be as good. I love NU, and just want them to play good football, and a struggling win over Maine ain't good football.

Okay I will give you some points, but to come on the Board and Say Nebraska will not win more than 3 games, I quess I just like to see that the def. playing lights out that taylor had a good game despite several key drops a o-line that didn't play all to well and our Running back who didn't run well and fumbled twice that stoped drives. If you watch the game the only play the substained was when bowman went out and our 4 or 5 string corner Wilson came out and got BURNED On the corner!

I think (hope) Zac will be ok...but 15-36 ain't gonna get it done...and his recievers only dropped 4-5 passes. He missed some open guys, and got progressively worse as the game went on.

1) He'd be 20/36 if they'd caught those balls, which would be 55.5%. Not great, but not horrible. Especialy since at least one of those would have been a touchdown.

2) He definately got worse as the game wore on. I don't know if he was just getting tired, or if it was the big hits he took, or maybe something else. I just hope he can fix it.

I agree Tex....Some of us in here expected us to walk on the field like we have been playing together for 5 years!  THIS IS A BRAND NEW TEAM WITH BRAND NEW PLAYERS!  In other words it takes time to gel as a unit!  Taylor will be fine.  So will Ross and our WR's.  Jesus its our first game and some of you are already compairing Taylor to Dailey??!!!  With no established running game Joe D would of tossed 8 int's this game.  Man people be patient its our first game!

IT WAS MAINE!!!!!!! WHY IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND???

Yes it was their first game...but you think NU was good? And against a 1-AA team? Wow. I hope you're right...but if you think this team is good enough to win more than three games...after such a pathetic showing...I just hope I'm wrong and you're right.

I didn't expect this team to walk on the field like they had been together for 5 years...but I did expect them to gouge a middle of the road 1_AA team at home for goodness sake. And yes, I did compare Dailey to Taylor...look at the stats...Dailey had more yards, and a better completion %. 2 more INT's, but NU beat a better team by 40 points last year.

Does that mean I want JD back? No. Does that mean I don't like Taylor? No. But Callahan had better figure this one out, and quick. Wake actually has an offense, and while I expect the Blackshirts to play well, I don't look for a victory if NU plays much like it did tonight.

Yea, they have a rushing offense.

How many rushing yards did we give up today?

I'm not saying we're going to hold Wake to -15, but they'll never get ~270 like they got against Vandy.

Yes, they did. The Blackshirts played well.

BUT IT WAS MAINE!!!!! A middle of the road 1-AA team that went 5-6 last year in a division below NU. That should happen. But Wake is a much much better team than Maine. And Maine was only down one touchdown with the ball early in the fourth quarter.

Again, I hope you guys are right, and I'm wrong.

Look, all I'm saying here is that rush defense is one of our strengths. It was last year too, and looks to have gotten better. We'll be playing a Wake team that lost to the Baylor of the SEC this week and relies solely on rushing to get the job done inside the 20s.

Agreed. The Blackshirts look to be powerful again. But they need some help!

I think (hope) Zac will be ok...but 15-36 ain't gonna get it done...and his recievers only dropped 4-5 passes.  He missed some open guys, and got progressively worse as the game went on.

1) He'd be 20/36 if they'd caught those balls, which would be 55.5%. Not great, but not horrible. Especialy since at least one of those would have been a touchdown.

2) He definately got worse as the game wore on. I don't know if he was just getting tired, or if it was the big hits he took, or maybe something else. I just hope he can fix it.

True. Good points.

I am still frustrated! Next week will tell the tale, I think...if we can't beat Wake, then this season is in a bad way.

At least we aren't OU!!!!!!!!! :rollin