I got it last night, honestly I like Halo 3 the most still but this will get better I'm sure. There's a learning curve of course and it seems that this will take more skill to get good at because of the DMR and the awesome pistol. The maps so far aren't as good as Halo 3 by a long shot and the grenades are too powerful but that's my only complaints so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Reach, like the launch version of Halo 2, has some fixes that need to be made in order for it to survive on the competitive scene. I would give the game a much different review than the average Halo fan. What killed halo 3 was a laggy hit box, the BR spread, overall poor map design, and the RNG (random number generator).

The initial launch version of Reach did eliminate many of these problems. They have completely fixed the hit box were it is as perfect as you could ask for. Bullets no longer fall victim to random spread or the RNG. If you lose a head to head battle, there is nobody to blame but yourself, whereas in Halo 3, the reasons I previously mentioned eliminated much of the skill involved in the game, because no matter how good you are, you would still be depending on the Halo gods granting you luck.

I love the introduction of the bloom. It gives the wielder of weapons much more skill potential.

So far I am unimpressed with the initial launch maps for Reach. I like the remakes, but for some reason the new maps just aren't as good.

I could keep going and going, and to be honest I haven't played as much Reach as I would have liked to at this point, I have been really busy lately. Here's my profile.

Reach Profile

If you want any specific opinion on the game just ask, so I don't waste you time with my rambling.

Overall my order of best halo games goes in this order. I have only played in one halo 3 tourny. I won the FFA and team 4v4, but the game was so terrible I couldn't bring myself to keep playing the terrible game.

1. Halo 2

2. Halo 1

3. Reach (close 3rd) - Reach has the potential to pass H1, depending on the changes they make with future patches.

4. Halo 3 (distant distant 4th)

I think Reach, like the launch version of Halo 2, has some fixes that need to be made in order for it to survive on the competitive scene. I would give the game a much different review than the average Halo fan. What killed halo 3 was a laggy hit box, the BR spread, overall poor map design, and the RNG (random number generator).

The initial launch version of Reach did eliminate many of these problems. They have completely fixed the hit box were it is as perfect as you could ask for. Bullets no longer fall victim to random spread or the RNG. If you lose a head to head battle, there is nobody to blame but yourself, whereas in Halo 3, the reasons I previously mentioned eliminated much of the skill involved in the game, because no matter how good you are, you would still be depending on the Halo gods granting you luck.

I love the introduction of the bloom. It gives the wielder of weapons much more skill potential.

So far I am unimpressed with the initial launch maps for Reach. I like the remakes, but for some reason the new maps just aren't as good.

I could keep going and going, and to be honest I haven't played as much Reach as I would have liked to at this point, I have been really busy lately. Here's my profile.

Reach Profile

If you want any specific opinion on the game just ask, so I don't waste you time with my rambling.

Overall my order of best halo games goes in this order. I have only played in one halo 3 tourny. I won the FFA and team 4v4, but the game was so terrible I couldn't bring myself to keep playing the terrible game.

1. Halo 2

2. Halo 1

3. Reach (close 3rd) - Reach has the potential to pass H1, depending on the changes they make with future patches.

4. Halo 3 (distant distant 4th)

Nades are way too powerful

Too Much armor on the back of the head

Classes ruined this game- should have stuck with power ups on the map(added way more strategy with timing etc)

The maps a very lame and look like they are built for a wide wheel chair-rip off to the fans, same maps from previous games, no effort put into the game at all

Spawns are fast, and with a sprint, you are over ran immediately by the kids you just pooned on

Team Slayer has a ton of different game variants, almost always ends up being either SWAT or SNIPERS, very annoying- why couldn't they make separate searches for these game settings?

Overall I agree with epocs rating of the order of the games. At this point Bungie is milking this franchise for what it is worth. I am sure they will put an update in and map pack you have to buy, which should have been included in the original game. Pretty upsetting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just played this game this past weekend and was addicted to it. I liked it so much that I rebought a 360 and plus my brother in law now got Xbox live that I felt the need to get a 360. I've been tearing up some people and so far my best game was 25 kills w/ 3 deaths and 11 headshots.