Droid X vs Fascinate

OK I'm new to the smartphone community and just recently bought a Droid X. My wife was very skeptical about getting a smartphone because of the extra $30 charge to pay for internet. As soon as we got into the car she started playing with the X and fell in love with one and now she wants a Droid 2 because of the slide out keyboard.

My buddie got an X and his wife got a Fascinate (Buy a Fascinate and get one free) yesterday and they both love the Fascinates bright screen. My buddy told me that he would've got the Fascinate but he liked that most of his friends have the X so they can show him how it works and the screen size was a plus. I've read that the reception and call quality is better on the X but the hardware is better on the Fascinate. I browse a lot on my X and I've posted numerous post on Huskerboard with my X with ease and its awesome.

The only way that I would trade in my X for a Fascinate would be so my Wife could get the Droid 2 but I'm not 100% sure if it is worth the trade and making my wife happy :lol: Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't.

I just swapped out my HTC EVO for a Samsung Epic (same phone as the Fascinate pretty much, a Galaxy S line of phone) and I regret it.

THE .3 inches of screen real estate you would lose is bigger than you might think. Altho the Galaxy S (Fascinate) has a better LCD screen (AMOLED), I don't think its enough to justify switching.

And ALL Galaxy S phones right now are on Android 2.1 while the EVO, Droid X and a few others are on 2.2 Froyo (up to 5x better performance).

But in the end (Bob Stoops talk) you have to figure out which would be better for you personally.

I'm going to Sprint today to return/exchange this for another EVO.

I wouldn't.

I just swapped out my HTC EVO for a Samsung Epic (same phone as the Fascinate pretty much, a Galaxy S line of phone) and I regret it.

THE .3 inches of screen real estate you would lose is bigger than you might think. Altho the Galaxy S (Fascinate) has a better LCD screen (AMOLED), I don't think its enough to justify switching.

And ALL Galaxy S phones right now are on Android 2.1 while the EVO, Droid X and a few others are on 2.2 Froyo (up to 5x better performance).

But in the end (Bob Stoops talk) you have to figure out which would be better for you personally.

I'm going to Sprint today to return/exchange this for another EVO.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up switching to the Fascinate anyways and I haven't regret it. I've had the Fascinate for over 2 weeks and it feels better in the hand and is more pocket friendly. I can actually hear my phone go off something that the X lacked in with its speaker. The layout on the Samsung is a lot better in my opinion (contacts, apps, messaging, and phone calls). Do I mess the extra .3 yes but its not that much of a difference.