New Wallstreet Movie Trailer

epocSoN

I say the music goes better with the tunnel walk but I'm not surprised at all to see this. There are tons of songs that are reused over and over on different movie trailers and tv commercials throughout the years. I'd be more upset if it was my a song that I had personally created and Hollywood used it without my permission. I'm sure whoever made this trailer had to ask permission to use the song and pay the musician to use his material.

If this would've happened to me I'd probably be bragging about it saying that Hollywood must of watched my video and used the same song for one of their trailers and if people don't believe you then you can show them the evidence.

Anyways the song goes way better in the Tunnel Walk over that stupid movie

• 3 weeks later...

Matt, did you write the song?

Craig Armstrong is listed as doing the score on the film. Now whether or not he wrote the song for the trailer, I'm not sure. Sometimes the trailer music isn't featured in the actual movie and sometimes it's a different composer altogether.

However, if you did write this out note for note and never received any request for permission from the studio, I would DEFINITELY look into this if I were you. In my opinion, it's directly plagiarized. Same amount of measures, same key, same piano hit at the end, same trumpet line, same french horn line....even with the dialogue over it, I still can recognize it. I don't know if he directly lifted it from your video or transcribed it and re-performed it himself...but it's pretty sketchy.

Did you apply for any type of performing arts or even a sound recording copyright?

I'd be pissed if this was something I had written.

I think trailers tend to not feature the score of the film at all. Lord of the Rings II, for example, used the (now EXTREMELY common)

(starting at 1:38). Trailer music is pretty common/generic stuff usually, not in a bad way but in a way that you usually don't associate it with the movies themselves. So I guess I imagine that the same music is used over and over in different trailers.