After Non Confrence, what are your reasonable expectations?

ADS

My prediction?

I will go for it all, we win them all. The close ones will be OSU, Mizz, and Texas A&M. But they are winnable if we come out and dominate like we did against Washington.

I honestly can't see how you don't list Texas here. I don't care how helpless they looked vs UCLA - it's TEXAS we're talking about. They've had our number since '96, and things always go their way. I don't think it's a curse or anything, but the luck they have against us has always been freakin' ridiculous. So, who's to say that good luck won't keep going in Lincoln? I don't mean to be a doubter b/c I am confident in our chances to win the North and take the Big 12 title. It's just that we've seen so many well-played games vs Texas go down the drain, I find it hard to believe Texas won't be our biggest, most difficult matchup this entire season.

On that note, I will say this. If our offense flexes its muscle like it did vs Washington, that tough Longhorn D is in for a long day b/c the biggest thing they struggled to contain vs UCLA was the zone read attack, and that just so happens to be our bread 'n butter. However, I think the Texas' D will be the best we face all year, and knowing how prone we are to making mistakes offensively, we could just as easily be in for it.

Now defensively on paper, we should rip Gilbert a new one. But, stranger things have happened...It's Texas remember?

I will list texas a close game if they rip Oklahoma apart during the Red River Rivalry game. The only way i see the Texas - Nebraska game being close, is their defense shut-downs our run much like SDSU did (in which case Martinez better be on target with his passing and receivers can't drop the ball 'Niles Paul') and our defense can't handle their running game. Thats the only way i can see it being a close game.

But because i believe that the Huskers will learn from their mistakes during the SDSU game and a good showing against KSU, the offense will mix it up with passes and runs to confuse the Longhorn defense and the Blackshirts will shut down their average running game and Gilbert's inadequate passing.

If I am not mistaken, while coaching the Huskers, Bo Pelini has only played the Longhorns once, and that was the 1-point loss in the championship game. I have faith in his second time around that he can overcome the young Longhorns offense with a badass defensive scheme.

I'm still very confident in our boys, NC let's not get ahead of ourselves. Hopefully we make up for SDSU with a good ol' fashioned beat down of K-state to raise the confidence. I'm more than positive Bo has these guys dreading another game like the last. I can only imagine the practices.