Panico commits to NU

Redout

here's another art bout this kid i found that is interesting.

found this to be curious: Panico confessed he was frustrated he'd generated no recruiting interest from his home state schools.

wonder why not?

this is probably why Cal liked him:

snip

How good is Panico's work ethic?

"Unmatched by anyone you've ever had in your program," Kuceyeski said. "His intensity in practice and in the weight room and during his training was a motivator for a lot of other kids in our program. He did raise the level of our practice session at times."

"His intangibles, as far as leadership and intensity, outweigh his size," he said. "He's not small, but he's not overly big. I think a lot of schools looked at that as a detriment."

seems he also is very coachable and team oriented, with good integrity:

Callahan said he liked Panico's integrity and character and ability to make plays.

"I'll play anywhere the team needs me," he said. "It doesn't matter to me. I just want to play, and I want to win. I'm very physical on defense, and on offense I can catch the ball and get open.

http://www.journalstar.com/corn.php?story_id=115676

Guest Lemming on Panico

Sorry, don't want to go to Lemming's chat yesterday for direct quotes but Lemming was pretty high on this kid and his attitude. Okay, Here is Lemmings direct quote: "First of all, Panico is the Gatorade Player of the Year for the state of Illinois. The leader of scoring on offense and is one of the hardest hitters on defense. He turned down South Carolina and several other schools for a chance to play for another fellow-Chicagan, Bill Callahan. I believe he has the work ethic and athletic ability to become a stand-out for the Cornhuskers in the next couple of years".