U$C

Husker_x

USC is a program I have hated for a long time. I know that Pete the Cheat was instrumental in Bo's career and that we probably owe more to that guy than we would like to admit, but there are only a couple of teams in the country that it brings me joy to watch fail. Notre Dame and Colorado are two others, though it's harder to enjoy failure that's so predictable. The most recent addition is Texas. Need I say more? Which leaves me with USC. Pete dove off the train the minute it looked like it was headed for the half-collapsed bridge. As he blows his nose with Franklin's face in Seattle, things are beginning to take a turn for the worse in sunny California.

The topic for the thread is this: What do you think is USC's immediate future within the next five to ten seasons?

I'm not sure what to make of Lane Kiffin. He's sustained two losses with what I think is going to be his best squad for the next two and a half seasons. That's before he slams into Oregon, the runaway favorites in the Pac-10. Snake oil salesman or not, losing games and having no bowl games to pitch to recruits has to have some kind of an impact on bringing star power to your program. I think USC is in for a slide. I'm just not sure how far down the hill they'll go. There's eight win seasons relative bad, and there's 2007 Nebraska bad. I'm rooting for the latter for U$C.

I don't see USC going anywhere but down in the next few years with all the sanctions and Kiffin as a coach. The guys is not head coach material. He's one helluva offensive coordinator, but not head coach. Very similar to Bill Callahan. Then ther'e the NCAA sanctions. USC can't even go to a bowl game until 2011 at the earliest. These things (in my mind, at least) do not bode well for recruiting. But, only time will tell what really happens.

The sanctions are going to hurt them. They already had some top tier kids back out of the last recruiting class, and with the limitations on their total available scholarships coupled with the fact that the cupboard is nowhere near as stocked as it was even three years ago, it is easy to forecast some down days for Troy.

Some may depend on how well Ricky does across town. UCLA can steal some of those athletes that the Trojans have laid sole claim to over the last decade or so. Either way, Kiffin fails to impress in so many ways. You could overlook some of the BS if he just had one redeeming quality, ONE! Alas, tis none. Anyways, he's a caretaker for a wounded tiger. As soon as the beast is whole again, they'll dump Lane in her cage so she can feast...to regain her strength.

Then they'll hire John Blake as head coach, and some members of the Gambino Family to bolster their NCAA Compliance Department.