This weekends games and picks

Thorwing my predictions out there to see what people think about my predictions on the following games

Ohio vs Pittsburgh- Last week, Northwestern spanked Frank Solich. Ohio could not find even the smallest spark to get the offense going. Pittsburgh comes in furious at its loss against Notre Dame. This could be a bad weekend for Ohio fans at home. This game will get ugly in the begining. Both teams are with first year head coaches, but Weinstedt has more football knowledge then his challanger. Ohio is still struggling to find a running game, while Pittsburgh (as bad as it might have looked at ND) has a stud in Raymond Kirkley. Pittsburgh is favored by 14 points. I will go with the upset on this only because i don't buy into the ND hype at this time and think Ohio will catch Pitts with its pants down looking ahead

Ohio St vs Texas- Can you get a bigger game then this? Last year Texas pulled off a win in the Rose Bowl against Michigan. This year, Vince young will face one of the nations most dominant LB core. Ohio St is not LA Lafayette and Vince young will have a harder time trying to run on a good front four of Ohio St. Vegas odds have Ohio St by 1 point favored. In my opinion, this game won't be close in the final score. Ohio St wins by 7-10 points in my opinion. Mack Brown will suffer his 6th September loss during his coaching stint at Texas

Michigan St vs ND- Ahh yes, the Weisss era has started off good against a possibly overrated pittsburgh team that is coming off a BCS bowl game year. As impressive as Tyler Palko looked, i have to hand it to Quinn for looking even better. On the other hand, Michigan is no pitt. Even though they struggled last week as did many other teams in DIV-A, Michigan should have the upper hand in this game. Weiss is new to college football but not new to stingy defenses. He's seen the packages Montee Kiffin, the greatest defensive mind in the NFL has thrown at him against and been around linebackers and DT's like Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp who have been hungry trying to reach Brady. Vegas odds have Michigan winning by 7 points. In my opinion, this is a closer game then many expect. Michigan is thinking revenage from last year, Notre Dame is thinking "one game at a time". Look for Michigan to pull off a 3 point win in the end

Iowa vs Iowa St- quite possibly one of the nations most underrated rivalries since these 2 teams began playing their annual showdown. Iowa coming off a blowout win, Iowa st coming off a struggling win. Regardless of the records these 2 teams have had entering this game, it's always been a blood bath to the end. Iowa St has won 5 of the last 7 games against the Hawks, but Iowa is currently holding a 2-0 winning streak against the Cyclones. Iowa St is still trying to find a rythem, while Iowa might have found it. Iowa St in an upset win since the game is in Ames

Marshall vs Kansas St- Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. Kansas St escaped last weeks win over Florida International 35-21, even though it committed 5 turnovers. Marshall will capitalize on a KSU turnover if that happens. The last time these 2 teams met, Marshall pulled off a win in Manhattan. KSU must travel to meet the herd in the first non conference road game for KSU since 2001 when Kansas St upset Pete Caroll in his first game as a DIV-A head coach 10-6. A 9:30 am (CST) kickoff game could give the herd the advantage. Kansas St is favored by 10 points. My prediction is Marshall over KSU IF Marshall runs the same offense it ran last year. If new the new head coach changes the offense, look for KSU to win

Other predictions:

Maryland vs Clemson: Clemson comes off a win over Texas A&M but that win was a result of a decision Franchoine is now regreatting. Look for Maryland to pull off the win

Washington St vs Nevada: WSU

Tulane vs Oklahoma: Oklahoma

Colorado St vs Minnesota: Minnesota

California vs Washington: California

North Carolina vs GA Tech: GA Tech

South Carolina vs Georgia: Georgia

Southern Miss vs Alabama: Alabama

LSU vs Arizona St: LSU

New Mexico St vs Colorado: Colorado

Vtech vs Duke: Vtech

La Tech vs Florida: Florida

Florida St vs Citadel: Florida St

Akron vs Purdue: Purdue

Boston College vs Army: Boston College

Texas Tech vs Florida International: Texas Tech

Auburn vs Mississippi St: Auburn

Damn, only 2 bad picks (ND/Mich and Ohio St/Texas)

Overall all the teams in the North won their non conference games except Missery which lost. The Big12 north is 11-1 so far on the season. Iowa St looked really impressive today. Tech as always blows out everyone. Oklahoma is still struggling and UCLA will beat them next week (mark it down) and Colorado will get hammered by Miami next week. Nebraska will have a cakewalk against Pittsburgh and Kansas St will blow out its next opponent