If Callahan goes 1-10...

FF, your comebacks continue to be the same. The only thing you can hold on to is the same propaganda that you actually thinks matters. I could care less if we went 5-6. I could care less if we go 1-10 this year. If in the long run it means being able to actually open up the offense and not have 10 men stacking the box or no passing game, then i will be the first in line to sign up for that kinda mediocrity. I got sick of the option the moment Tom Osborne retired. No one ran it like him and no one ever will. Plain and simple. 10 years or 20 years down the line when we have a new coach, we will be saying "no one ran the West Coast offense like Callahan did". Proof is in the pudding and the option is dead. 1 measly touchdown against Northwestern is all the proof i need. The same team we pounded 66-17, Solich could only muster 1 offensive touchdown against them.

Not bein' picky, but if NU goes 1-10, I think the Callahan era will be over...

FF, your comebacks continue to be the same. The only thing you can hold on to is the same propaganda that you actually thinks matters. I could care less if we went 5-6. I could care less if we go 1-10 this year. If in the long run it means being able to actually open up the offense and not have 10 men stacking the box or no passing game, then i will be the first in line to sign up for that kinda mediocrity. I got sick of the option the moment Tom Osborne retired. No one ran it like him and no one ever will. Plain and simple. 10 years or 20 years down the line when we have a new coach, we will be saying "no one ran the West Coast offense like Callahan did". Proof is in the pudding and the option is dead. 1 measly touchdown against Northwestern is all the proof i need. The same team we pounded 66-17, Solich could only muster 1 offensive touchdown against them.

I agree, 1-10 would be a serious step backward from last year which was bad enough. I don't care what kind of recruiting classes you bring in. 1-10 would put us in the same sentence as Buffalo.

I agree, 1-10 would be a serious step backward from last year which was bad enough. I don't care what kind of recruiting classes you bring in. 1-10 would put us in the same sentence as Buffalo.

:yeah

QUOTE (###### @ Sep 8 2005, 09:33 PM)

attitudes like that are what let teams go down the old can........... gotta be patient, but that is a bit extreme. ive seen alot of people run the option like TO, they just wernt as sucessful as he was and really he ran about as much isolation and dive plays as he did option plays it seems like in my memory, however it is kinda feeble. also seems like i remeber hearing solich say that he wanted to develop more of a passing attack to compliment the running game, but how could he, no QB to throw, who was gonna throw it, crouch??? i think not....... one of my friends once said you could cut his arm off and he would still be able to play his position, a little extreme but you get the point. the next one was lord, we saw what he could do passing as well............. everybody wants to blame solich for the demise of the huskers, but really i dont think he had the personal he really wanted either, and still managed to produce, yes in a similar offense, but everyone acts like he just lived to run the QB keeper, IMO he didnt have much of a choice alot of the time he had to keep the ball with his playmakers. all that being said if BC does not produce a winning season this year IMO he will be in deep water looking for water wings to help him stay afloat, not saying he will get fired, but i dont think he will have much job security oh and heres this for me talking about solich.......... dedhoarse