Take it easy

sbhusker

Watson had some great calls early like the wheel rout with Rex but overall we still had no surprises. I was hopeing we had plays that nobody had seen. Texas clearly saw something in our D and attacked the perimeter with their qb. Reminded me of the CCG last year. Arrogant Texas came out and did what they always did and we shut em down. We looked like we were going to force our gameplan and take what we wanted...blah blah

Problem with Watson I have is that he makes the offense look so predictable after 6 games teams have got it figured out. Key on Martinez make him beat us with his arm. Watson needs to go back to the drawing board, I think he reads too much into his play calling, almost like he is trying to hard.

I agree that Watson, like Callahan and many other OCs, would (wrongly) argue that the success of [his] offense depends more on scheme than execution. In other words, he over-thinks it.

I disagree with the "predictability" argument though. Weren't we pretty predicable in the "glory days"? We stayed in the shotgun all day long. Can we even run the option from under center (where the qb gives to the fb or runs parallel to the LOS and we make them play the pitch outside?)

Is this too old school?