Ignored posts showing up in quotes

Heaven forbid we read something that offends us.

Then what's the point of having an ignore feature at all? Are you starting a campaign to remove the ignore feature that I don't know about?

I don't think it's unreasonable that quoted posts should block those on your ignore list, just like it does for normal posts. If it's possible. Perhaps it's not. Maybe someone will make a useful post here telling me if it's not.

I suspect it can be done, but it would take an awful lot of coding to accomplish, and it would mean a large number of hits to the database. And it would have to be done for all kind of posts - including multiple-quote posts, etc. So, while I suspect it's possible, I don't think that's something we'll try and undertake at this point.

Heaven forbid we read something that offends us.

Then what's the point of having an ignore feature at all? Are you starting a campaign to remove the ignore feature that I don't know about?

I don't think it's unreasonable that quoted posts should block those on your ignore list, just like it does for normal posts. If it's possible. Perhaps it's not. Maybe someone will make a useful post here telling me if it's not.

Just having fun. But you said it yourself...it may not be possible

I suspect it can be done, but it would take an awful lot of coding to accomplish, and it would mean a large number of hits to the database. And it would have to be done for all kind of posts - including multiple-quote posts, etc. So, while I suspect it's possible, I don't think that's something we'll try and undertake at this point.

Cool, I feared as much. Thanks anyway!