thoughts moving forward

Many on here before the game sat were suggesting we are a 2 loss team. I still agree with that, although I feel that isnt a lock to be a MU loss. I feel this team is talented enough to win next week and inconsistent enough to lose one of our last 4 games.

My other thought is I cant remember a time the Big 12 as a whole was this unpredictable, or mediocre. IMO Oklahoma is really not much better than last year, and clearly texas is worse. I would say we are worse right now, but it is easy to forget how average we looked at this point last year as well. But i think it is clear that loosing Suh is more than this D could absorb. While t-mart clearly makes the O better, its not enough to offset our defensive shortcomings simply because martinez is so streaky and we turn the ball over at a staggering rate. It does however make us a very dangerous team. I still feel taylor is going to go off against an upper level defense, and it wouldn't shock me if it was MU. I was thrilled with his game yesterday because he was able to succeed without breaking a long run.

My last thought of this rambling post is about taylors demeanor and personality. I was sickened to see fans (and of course the media) reaction to taylors actions during the texas game. While quick to point out he struggled and that he seems aloof and self centered, they failed to point out he is just a freshman, and that the kids demeanor never changes. the kid absolutely dominated yesterday and never once did you see him on the sideline cheering or even breaking a smile. He's just a very quite kid, and personally i am glad. I think once he gets more experience he is going to be extremely consistent from week to week, and he is also going to DOMINANT

Many on here before the game sat were suggesting we are a 2 loss team. I still agree with that, although I feel that isnt a lock to be a MU loss. I feel this team is talented enough to win next week and inconsistent enough to lose one of our last 4 games.

My other thought is I cant remember a time the Big 12 as a whole was this unpredictable, or mediocre. IMO Oklahoma is really not much better than last year, and clearly texas is worse. I would say we are worse right now, but it is easy to forget how average we looked at this point last year as well. But i think it is clear that loosing Suh is more than this D could absorb. While t-mart clearly makes the O better, its not enough to offset our defensive shortcomings simply because martinez is so streaky and we turn the ball over at a staggering rate. It does however make us a very dangerous team. I still feel taylor is going to go off against an upper level defense, and it wouldn't shock me if it was MU. I was thrilled with his game yesterday because he was able to succeed without breaking a long run.

My last thought of this rambling post is about taylors demeanor and personality. I was sickened to see fans (and of course the media) reaction to taylors actions during the texas game. While quick to point out he struggled and that he seems aloof and self centered, they failed to point out he is just a freshman, and that the kids demeanor never changes. the kid absolutely dominated yesterday and never once did you see him on the sideline cheering or even breaking a smile. He's just a very quite kid, and personally i am glad. I think once he gets more experience he is going to be extremely consistent from week to week, and he is also going to DOMINANT

Pretty much agree with ur post. Mizzou is gonna be last team left in regular season with somewhat of a defense. I think he can move the ball downfield against them. But prob not put up Okie Lite numbers or KState type of numbers for that matter anyway.

Pretty much agree with ur post. Mizzou is gonna be last team left in regular season with somewhat of a defense. I think he can move the ball downfield against them. But prob not put up Okie Lite numbers or KState type of numbers for that matter anyway.

I could see 100+ rushing and 200+ passing......and i could see another texas. gotta love freshman :LOLtartar

Good points.

It's why I come here: to see what is on other Cornhuskers minds.

I think once Martin-ez learns the game fully and our other players move up to his athletic 'game speed' then we will finally see what he can truly do. He makes enough mistakes and other players don't move like he moves that the combination of those 2 things can hold him back a little.

I still think our RBs should get more runs out of a formation where Martin-ez takes the ball under center

im college football you never know. every week is a crap shoot because football teams go through such highs and lows during a season. It will be interesting to see which team shows up in Lincoln with both teams coming off such highs the previous week. I give the edge to Nebraska. Mizzou will come in riding the high of beating the number one team in the country and as we have seen every week in college football they will lose after a big win. Bo will have our guys humbled and ready to play. I also must point out there is some personal pride in shutting down Gabbert after he burned us along with his brother for Mizzou.

I'm not nearly as worried about Tmart as I am about our run D. Mizzou was running at will against Okie; and numerous Rbs have done that against us this year.