Bubba vs Turner

Are you kidding me? When did I say that we stunted his growth? It's the same thing that happened with Marlon Lucky. People over hype him, and no matter what he does in his career, short of winning the heisman and a national title, it isn't good enough. I made a statement saying maybe we should see what they do before we know who we want out there more. Green is a damn sophomore for God's sake. True Sophomore. Most kids aren't starting by that point. Instead, people are expecting him to be a stud, and not allowing him to make mistakes that kids will make. He get's bashed. On your sarcastic point though, think about it. Do you not think everyone ragging on him has some effect on his mentality? Look at Niles. Would he have deleted his facebook had it not bothered him?

The difference between what happened to Niles and what we do here is that if Niles wants to read how he can't catch a pass on Huskerboard - that's his choice. I agree, seaking him out to tell him he's become a liability on the field through FB is not cool.

Regardless, us "hyping" a player does not change his future production. Marlon was hyped, but had he been a 3 star or a 5 he still would have had the same number of yards, same number of TD's so who cares? Why can't we discuss whether Bubba/Turner will be the better QB or which we'd rather have? We can hype them all we want, it won't (or at least it shouldn't) affect the production they have. It might even spawn a little competition. I think Bo encourages that, but I could be wrong.

Personally, I don't care if Green was a 2 star, or a 5 star #1 ranked QB - his production this year still sucks, his game management still sucks, his "fumble-touches" ratio still sucks. Huskerboard and the media hype didn't make him fumble all those balls. End of story. Is that because he's a sophomore? Lately a number of Heisman winners have been sophomores. There's a long list of QB's that tore it up as sophomores recently. Robinson, Bradford, Kellen Moore, Tebow, McCoy, Young, Taylor, Pryor, Parker, Griffin, Renner, Barkley, Forcier, Scheelhaase, L. Jones. Wasn't Reesing a sophomore when KU hung 76 on us and went 11-1 in 07'? How come Green gets to use that excuse? Because he's been a bust? You think if we give him another 15 starts he'll turn things around? Maybe, but the 6 losses to get him there will sting a little. That ship's pretty much sailed. I'll aggree that if he was a 2 star we'd expect it, but I'll guarentee you we still wouldn't like it.

IMO, if Niles' feelings are hurt he can pack up his things and find a nice spot as the #1 receiver for Duke, or if Green is sad because we're ragging on him at Huskerboard KU would probably love to have him. There's plenty of programs that don't give a damn about their football program - they can go find one. They know what they signed up for. Jamal/Bubba know what they signed up for. That includes the hype, the expections and hopefully the championships. For those two, it all starts with comparisons on Huskberboard. Think they can they handle it?