So pumped about the game Saturday

As someone without a dog in this fight but with a great deal of respect for both teams, all I'll say is good luck to you both, hope no one gets hurt, and may the best team win!

I've enjoyed the hell out of meeting aTm and Husker fans over the last decade when we played; here's to hoping we get a chance to play each of you again soon.

And I agree with WYHusk... would be nice to see aTm end up in the SEC and away from the TU/OU mafia. For just a minute last summer I thought we might end up there with you, which woulda been sweet, but maybe it's better we didn't since it would suck to have 4 losses every year. :lol:

As someone without a dog in this fight but with a great deal of respect for both teams, all I'll say is good luck to you both, hope no one gets hurt, and may the best team win!

I've enjoyed the hell out of meeting aTm and Husker fans over the last decade when we played; here's to hoping we get a chance to play each of you again soon.

And I agree with WYHusk... would be nice to see aTm end up in the SEC and away from the TU/OU mafia. For just a minute last summer I thought we might end up there with you, which woulda been sweet, but maybe it's better we didn't since it would suck to have 4 losses every year. :lol:

Hey Tech! I have to say you guys were my absolute favorite out of conference team. I was a bartender on Northgate for four years so I had a lot of contact with opposing teams' fans since that's where everyone came on game days and you guys stuck out when you visited in '02. I went to grad school at Virginia, but I always secretly rooted for you guys while I was there!

I hope it's a good game for about one half of one quarter. chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle

Now where's the fun in that? It's not college football unless you have a couple near heart attacks and break out in a sweat at least once! Or maybe that's just applicable to Aggie football fans...it's been a rough decade.

I hear you, but what with the Iowa State game and all, I don't know if I can take much more stress. I'd like a nice, fun blowout. Where you can enjoy your 2nd half beers in peace, rather than choking on them.

Btw, be good if TAMU eventually secedes to the SEC. Get out from under TXass's thumb. Just hope you can hang when you get down there.

Just so you know we've never been under Texas' thumb, and never will be. The A&M College of Texas is the oldest institute of higher learning in the state of Texas, not UT. The state has an Aggie governor, Austin has an Aggie mayor, the US Secretary of Defense was the A&M President when I was in school. The two universities are the only two recipeints of the Texas PUF. If they want to go be independent, more power to them, but remember the teams who benefited most from the Big 12's unequal revenue sharing were Texas, OU, A&M and Nebraska. :thumbs

I'm just talking football here - could care less about politics. As long as you guys stay in the LIttle 10, you'll be under TXass's thumb.

The sycophants up north here will be sucking up to TX even more now because they're so scared they're going to have to join Conference USA if TX bolts - TX is pretty much running a protection racket on that front. To say nothing of the other little guys down south, Ttech and Baylor. The Little 10 is a TX-sponsored joke, as of next year.

I think TAMU to the SEC would be very interesting. But according to my understanding - a very limited one, since I have zero interest in the state - isn't it true that the politics of the state of Texas prevent TAMU and TX from being separated?

Although my understanding - a very limited one - is that the politics of the state of Texas prevent TAMU and TX from being separated.

We share a common source of funding - the Permanent University Fund - which comes from oil money. The legislature apparently threatens to pull the PUF or distribute it to additional schools when A&M and UT start talking about splitting up. Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors, but the common knowledge is that the powers that be want us together.

Who really knows what the heck is going on though! I think we'd be just fine in different conferences, especially if we kept an out-of-conference rivalry game going.

Although my understanding - a very limited one - is that the politics of the state of Texas prevent TAMU and TX from being separated.

We share a common source of funding - the Permanent University Fund - which comes from oil money. The legislature apparently threatens to pull the PUF or distribute it to additional schools when A&M and UT start talking about splitting up. Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors, but the common knowledge is that the powers that be want us together.

Who really knows what the heck is going on though! I think we'd be just fine in different conferences, especially if we kept an out-of-conference rivalry game going.

Yeah, I think it'd be alright too. In any case I think the Little 10 is doomed to have a very short lifespan, whatever happens, so you may get your wish regardless!

I hope it's a good game for about one half of one quarter. chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle

Now where's the fun in that? It's not college football unless you have a couple near heart attacks and break out in a sweat at least once! Or maybe that's just applicable to Aggie football fans...it's been a rough decade.

I think my wife may kill me if I use language around my boys like I did against the ISU game. I've been pretty good all year, but that game did me in. :lol: No more close ones please........

I understand this. My mom refuses to watch a game with my dad and I after last year's ISU game.