What did Martin do to get the Personal Fouls

beanman

Why were NONE of the replays shown? Not the personal fouls on Martin, not the holding, not the false start?

So now youre involving abc/espn and herby and mustyburger in the conspiracy. You sir are my new hero, and no sarcasm here. :worship

No, absolutely no conspiracy...if they didn't have anything to show, how could they? They only have 500 cameras at the game, if Martin was doing something illegal, SOMEONE would have caught it. Maybe they were too busy going to commercial or pimping some stupid advertiser. Either way, it's kind of ridiculous no one knows why Martin was flagged (once on a KO we freaking kneeled on!!!!!!).

this is when the free press needs to step up and bring some heat. Refs need to at least know thet will get called out br the press if thet want to job a team.

The sports media is a joke.

Honestly, ESPN is in it for $$$. That's why instead of talking about the officiating, they just go with whatever BS story line they can to pimp their own network (tonight, it was talking about how awesome Boise State is. Anybody else wonder why the heck that was being discussed during the game?)

As far as local media, the art of investigative journalism has basically been lost. People can barely break into this Cam Newton story which seems to have all sorts of leaks in it, and who's going to bust open a Big 12 officiating story. Sipple? Shatel? The Nebraska news media doesn't have the balls, and no other journalist in the Big 12 is interested in making the Big 12 look bad right now. Think David Ubben is going to break a story about Big 12 officiating? Chip Brown?

It's a joke.

Does anyone have a video or know what Martin got flagged for on those personal foul calls. I assumed I would see a replay but they were conveniently not show to anyone. Also did anyone else assume 'they'll call that a personal foul' when you heard musberger say 'wow that was a good block!' Because when I heard that the first thing that came to mind was 'I bet they call that a personal foul'

posted this in a dif. thread...

As far as Eric Martins first Personal Foul goes-about 9 minutes left in the 2nd quarter is when it happens. It's the KO return where Niles ran East to West and there was a HUGE block on an A&M player. Jim Ebke, #32, threw that beautiful block. It was clean. What I saw was Eric running towards that direction because Niles was running there, so he was obviously trying to continue the upfield blocking. I did not see him make contact with ANYONE after Niles ran out of bounds, you can see Eric close to the A&M sideline but he starts to veer back towards our sideline and the screen pans out. So you don't see ANYTHING that he would receive a PF for. Only thing is if he did something on the way back towards the sideline but again-they do nothing to show his actions. It was a dead ball PF so it;d have to have transpired on the way back... I'm telling you-if the Colorado game is CLOSE, as in 14 pts or less, look for the zebras to aid the buffs as much as possible. The Big XII does NOT want NU in the championship game. And I do believe Dan Beebe will do whatever it takes to keep that from happening.

Why some of you ask? Well let's see, how bout the motive that we are THE team that nearly cost him his job. OF COURSE he's going to have bias against us, He has already shown that by Eric Martin STILL being the only player to receive a suspension despite NUMEROUS other flagrant acts against players. Multiple helmet-to-helmet hits have gone unflagged and unsuspended. Multiple plays where Nebraska players safety is at risk. And multiple questionable choices in the review game have shown this bias. Enough is enough.

And the reason Bo and the University will not come out and say the officiating sucks is because of the fines and it is against the Big XII's rules to criticize officials to the media. For those of you wanting Bo to be more Tom-like; that's what he's showing when he does this. Restraint. He is extremely passionate during the games but after that he shows he can make good decisions in the best interest of the team and the players.