Call me what you want, but this is from the heart

I'm sorry i cant watch this crap anymore. These played their buts off, i could see the exhaustion in all players on both sides of the ball, sure our offense played poorly but we did get hosed and it's so obvious what is going on here. Personally, i'd be fine if we just said screw it and decided not to partake in competitions involving this conference anymore. If Osborne held a presser tommorrow stating "the university of nebraska as decided not to partake in any more athletic competitions involving the big 12 conference in any sport for the remainder of our membership to the conference. The football team has forfeited is final game and the North title and will immediately begin bowl game prep. while all other sports will complete non conference competition." I would be perfectly fine with that. How's that for fallout? Obviously i know its not possible and yes i am thinking with exhausted rage right now. for revenue, recruiting, national perception bla bla bla it's just not possible at all. But i would be fine with it, just as a way of saying "we're not taking part in this crap, ANYMORE" Everyone's talking about still winning the big 12 north and the championship in all and personally, ive never felt like this but i would rather not even show, i have never been ready for a football season to be over, not even 07 or 04. That's how frustrated and sick i am of this. Just little things chipping away all year and then this tonight just blew it all up.

Get a grip man, it was just 1 game. We scored 6 points, Watson called another horrible game..... We are not quitters, we can learn from this game. Lets not cut off our nose to spite our face. This is our best year in a decade, and you want to quit the conference? The refs didn't lose this game we did, lets take responsibility, learn from it, and move forward! We swallowed the Texas loss, again, we can deal with this one. We still have a possible BCS bowl to play for!

Long live the men of corn!!!

Yes and it is just how i feel right now. I know we have a good team so it may be wrong to feel that way, and maybe it's a bit sore loserish to complain about officiating when it's obvious we coulda done more to not even be in the situation, but damn, this is just the beginning of the academic year. How bad will it be in basketball, with a team that isnt very good and a sport where it's even easier to screw teams over. That's what i'm getting at, just to take a stand and say hey, we're just not a part of it anymore, it would be unprecedented. Mind you tho, im not sitting here HOPING this happens, just a thot that if it did, i would not be up in arms about, not even upset.

Get a grip man, it was just 1 game. We scored 6 points, Watson called another horrible game..... We are not quitters, we can learn from this game. Lets not cut off our nose to spite our face. This is our best year in a decade, and you want to quit the conference? The refs didn't lose this game we did, lets take responsibility, learn from it, and move forward! We swallowed the Texas loss, again, we can deal with this one. We still have a possible BCS bowl to play for!

Long live the men of corn!!!

against Pitt? or South Florida? sorry but i would rather go to the cotton or Holiday bowl and play a bama, south car, lsu or a stanford or even arizona again. To hell with the bcs if we have to play damn pitt. woopity doo.

My only concern is, I don't think this is Big 12 related. I think it's refs not liking Bo related. That will follow us wherever we go, so long as Bo is here. And I want Bo to be here for a long, long time, so I hope that with the move to the Big 10 and a clean slate with those refs, that Bo treads carefully there. For his players' sake. If he pisses the refs off enough, it's out of his control if something like this happens. But if he doesn't, then something like this won't happen.

The only question is, can Bo become at least cordial with the referees and still keep his heart from exploding.

My only concern is, I don't think this is Big 12 related. I think it's refs not liking Bo related. That will follow us wherever we go, so long as Bo is here. And I want Bo to be here for a long, long time, so I hope that with the move to the Big 10 and a clean slate with those refs, that Bo treads carefully there. For his players' sake. If he pisses the refs off enough, it's out of his control if something like this happens. But if he doesn't, then something like this won't happen.

The only question is, can Bo become at least cordial with the referees and still keep his heart from exploding.

So you're saying the refs are too emotional to do their job correctly? That reflects more on them than Bo.

Tho i agree that you MAY have a point here, i have to disagree overall. The officiating has not been this bad in his previous 2 years. Yes is has been bad at times but for both ways. but the suspension of Martin, things like the istate burkhead incident and so many others that have taken place this year, i believe it IS a big 12 problem, we'll just see how things go come jan with basketball conference play.

I guess it's possible that it's more Bo vs. refs related than a product of the conference. But for that to be true, you'd have to believe that it was simply a miraculous coincidence that of all the players making big hits in this conference over the past year, Eric Martin---and only Eric Martin---was slapped with a one-game suspension by the conference.

I call BS. The crazy officiating didn't start until our conference games began.

Here's how else you can tell: Imagine how sweet it would be for us to win the Big 12 Championship and get to be up on the podium when Dan Beebe makes a lame, half-hearted attempt to congratulate Nebraska as the 2010 conference champions while our fans boo him loudly. Just think how ridiculously awesome that would be. Well the fact that it would be a dream come true for us is exactly why Dan Beebe will do everything he can to prevent it from happening.