Cody Green

I recall one play in the second half that sure seemed to be a zone read as cody gave the ball up to rex and he got stuffed and the outside was wide open. After the play one of our lineman on that open side turned to cody and made an arm sweeping motion around toward that side as if to say "you should've kept it."

The gameplan was much better suited to cody's strengths. He's not as explosive but he's a tougher runner to bring down up high than Taylor is (Taylor bounces off guys). I thought we used him well. The focus was Rex running and wildcats with Green handing off to the backs and playaction passing with the occassional qb keeper (or zone read not sure if it was designed). Cody was able to just contribute instead of being the man. No problem with him starting the CCG. Not expecting sensational play just consistent play.

good thing, he will be the only healthy qb we have by next Saturday.

I recall one play in the second half that sure seemed to be a zone read as cody gave the ball up to rex and he got stuffed and the outside was wide open. After the play one of our lineman on that open side turned to cody and made an arm sweeping motion around toward that side as if to say "you should've kept it."

I too saw at least a couple of plays where Cody would have benefited by keeping it to the outside.

Also, some people here were saying they were glad to see Cody under center... although I would imagine he would be most comfortable out of the shotgun, given that's all he did in high school.

I saw a look in Cody Green's face I had never seen before...The look of confidence. He just looked more sure of himself, poised, and ready to play. The kid grew up by leaps and bounds this week. Like most of us, I was rooting for him to be successful in this program and yesterday he showed that he can be.