Is this Watson's last chance?

Husker_x

Having said that, if we go out and lay an egg on Saturday........I'll be done with him.

This is what I mean when I said earlier, sarcastically, that every competent OC clearly needs to put up the same stats against top defenses as with bad ones, whether he is running his 1st string QB or his 3rd string.Not sure how good OU's D is this year, but I really hope Green can build on the confidence he took from last week's game. The defense will have to be leaned on to win this game, which is why I'm glad it isn't OSU, because we had to count on the offense to simply outscore those guys.

This is starting to irk me. Is Watson not the qb coach? Has Green not been here for 2 spring practices and 2 seasons, and was thought of as pretty much equal in the qb competition to T-Mart and Lee? Is it not his job to get his qb ready, and to tailor a game plan to fit what his qb does best?

It's all part of being a good coach, pure and simple.

Show me one team in America that really has three QBs ready to go. You're knocking Watson for Green without giving him credit for Taylor, or Ganz, or Lee (who struggled, but after all had a throwing arm injury).

"thought of as pretty much equal" = the problem! That was never the case. Are you still counting his stars, or what?

Green is serviceable when he is not a deer in the headlights. He has athletic ability and potential, but the window is fast closing on that with two years thrown into the fire and frontlines when he should have been redshirting and developing. Yeah, not everyone turns into superman after 2 years. Can we blame Tim Beck for Collins Okafor yet? Yeah, now there's a guy Beck, who obviously isn't doing his job. Okafor's been here quite a while and is far from ready to go in anything.

To the last point, I am pretty sure Bo is responsible for not allowing a gameplan opened up and changed to Cody's strengths. Until CU maybe.

Watson can't get enough credit for making a guy like Ganz into what he was, IMO. And his work in progress on Taylor has been equally impressive this year.

for me it really depends on the quality of his play calling. you can't get too upset if there are lots of drops or fumbles or bad passes, but it is his ability to mix things up and make some adjustments when things aren't going well, which has been his weakness all along, you know, calling the same plays that have failed and expecting a different result......the guy has some Callahan left on him, but he has had plenty of time to get it off. yeah, if he lays an egg, he or some of his assistants need to go.

Aaa frickin men to that!!!! :LOLtartar Texas zone read after zone read, and thats even with Zac Lee in... There is no threat of a deep pass, no screen pass, no threat of an option (which would work a million times over and over) with Green, Taylor and with Rex and Roy, man that would be deadly... Watson has had his chances an now its time to move on.. Is Bo so blinded by trying to built the Def that he is letting Watson have to much control, knowing Bo himself is not a offense guy???