Peterson's tenure

I think weve talkd about this alot in here but good question anyway Wis.

personally i dont think the "make it or break it" measure will be the big12 champ the first yr. I would say that most expect us to struggle this next yr, and there wont be that big of a fuss if we drop 4 games and place 3rd in the north. but we cant get beat by the likes of MU at home, and we have to be at least competitve vs TX.

however this wont be acceptable after the first yr. the 2nd yr they will be expected to compete for the title, and probly play in the champ game. Ths will be a very intersting yr, in that we have Kstate at home again. CAn you imagine if somehow we got blown out again by them at home?!! I think that would sign Calls fate.

what do the rest of you think. what is going to measure Calls success or failure?

I think if there arent significant signs of improvement at least by not geting blown out the 1st yr there will be problems. and if we dont beat all the teams we are supposed to the 2nd yr and beyond (MU, KSU at home, CU at home, ISU etc) and give TX OU and KSU a good run every game there will be turmoil and people lookin for his head. but no I dont think the Big 12 champ in the 1st yr is realistic.

depends on your def of "compete". is competing taking 2nd in the north even if we get blown out by Kstate again? thats not acceptable. I think he'll be measured at least by pub opinon by the same criteria frank was. alotta people got franks back just based on principle alone and are waiting for a reason to string Petey up.

Good point HB. By "compete" I mean give OU and KState a good game or beat them. I don't mean we win it, but we are at least in the running for the north up until the end of the season. Your right about getting blown out by KState, that is unacceptable.

Your also right about people looking for reasons to run Steve out of town. Some will want him gone only b/c of the way the Solich situation was handled, even if we play good next year under Coach Cal.

Okay NU gets rid of him, but then what...............who would get the job next??

I mean think about it, many of his decisions have been criticized, but you have to remember he's one of us. He's from North Platte, he wants nothing more than to see this program win. The more I think the more I am worried about Solich. I mean this guy appears to have a lot more problems than we though. If he was such a great coach, how come he didn't get any offers, besides Cincy.

redout

Oh and by the way........

I do believe that losing to Kansas St. period, is unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To hell with that close game bull crap.

Callahan isnt going anywhere soon. He is Steves "guy", so that ensures him an automatic extra couple yrs. That means it will be 6 yrs win or lose before we would get another change, so we might as well get used to Coach Callahan. But yes if we get beat and beat bad which I think we still will a couple times over the 1st couple yrs to TX and maye Kstate there will be a huge uprising, but that wont matter. Steve has made it clear that pub opinon means nothing to him. Steve MAY care about the program as much as we do, but that is more b/c there is a direct correlation b/t winning and his job than anything else. Meaning he wont be firing himself anytime soon if things dont go as planned, which is what a "true" fan would do that only had the intersts of the program in mind.

rc

Hmm, I am not sure. Isn't the point of the coach to take what you have on hand and make it the best you can? It sounds like everyone is saying welp we are gonna suck for a few years and then we should be gtg once BC gets his guys in place.

Sorry but the perfect example of this is what Pelini did with the blackshirts, they were junk he took the same people and turned them into a strong defense. This is what coaches should do. Work with what they have and make it the best ya can, not take what you have and try and shove it into a mold that you want. Am I missing something here?

We will have to see what happens next year I guess. I am curious as to how BC approaches it and no one will know till the first kickoff so will have to wait and see.