be careful what you wish for...

how many times do you see another program fire coaches or coordinators only to find out that the person they replace them with is about the same or a little worse. You don't change just to change--you need to have someone who can do the job better. (and remember--there is a lot more to the job then calling plays. recruiting players for one).

By most accounts Watson is a perfectly average coordinator. (rivals had him ranked as high as 8th in the nation, for what it is worth). A average OC who can recruit and is a good human being is probably good enough for Bo to be in the mix every year.

and before everyone jumps on this post. I am not saying average is good enough. I am just saying it may be the best we can get for right now. I doubt chip kelly is looking to move to OC at Nebraska and I love Scott Frost as much as the next guy, but anyone who would rank him as a better OC then Watson is a major Nebraska homer.

to bring the point home--careful we don't fire another Solich for the sake of getting another Callahan.