'View New Content' Button

mmmtodd

as requested, per zoogies. :)

here is my, umm, complaint. im not exactly programming savvy, so this will be in basic blue collar-ese.

even before the new layout, i have always used the "view new content" button at the top of the main page.

frankly, it seemed to work more as an "active thread" button. meaning, throughout the course of a day or two, it would not matter how many times i clicked on it, the threads that were there the first time were there each subsequent time-whether i read them or not.

it would often get to 4+ pages for me.

within the last couple of days, this seems to have changed.

now, when i click on it, i regularly get one result back. or four. basically, it seems like the button is actually doing what my common sense said it should have been doing all along-showing me the new posts since the last time i clicked on it, even when thats been only a minute or two.

i dont like this. :LOLtartar

as far as i know, i have not changed a single thing on my end.

and im not exactly complaining, but wondering if there cant be a button that does show active threads, say within a 24 hour time period or whatnot? the "view new content" button seemed to always work this way for me previously.

feel free to ask questions to clarify, as i read it back to myself i know i didnt quite get it across, plus its pretty darn early.

feel free to call me an idiot as well.

Do you mean the Active Content link on the black bar at the top of your page? I don't think we have updated the IPBoard software recently, so I can't imagine that "New Content" has changed in functionality recently. Currently, New Content gets 8 results for me and Active Content gets something like 3 pages.

ive been so dedicated to the "view new content" button that i never even noticed the active content button at the top in the black bar. hell, i never even read the top black bar until you just pointed it out.

problem solved as far as im concerned. thanks zoogies.

"View New Content" still works as it always has for me. It's always seemed to treat this as "new content since my last session", for whatever time it considers my session. But that Active Content link looks good as well. Nice tip!

The other thing I do is open threads in new tabs, that way I don't have to keep coming back to my main "new content" page. But then I don't see that new posts have been added to threads I've looked at unless I refresh the new content page.