Mentality and Pressure

CFHusker

2010 is over. I am disappointed only because I believe this group of great players were put in very difficult situations by the whole conference realignment. The pressure of every game being the "last" wore on this team and contributed to the meltdown. It was too much, even as a fan, I was wore out with all the chatter about winning the conference because it was the last chance. It left little room for this team to find itself and get comfortable.

I fear this will be the same next year. Bo will need to figure out how to prep them when every week is going to feel like a bowl game. They are probably going to need to simplify the play calls. It is going to be hard for them to be mentally sharp in a new stadium and against a new team week in and week out.

I am excited about being in the Big Ten (no more pay per view) but I think it will take a few years for them to get used to it.

Maybe the opposite will be true and the pressure will be on the current Big Ten teams to stop the Huskers and prove supremacy.

2010 is over. I am disappointed only because I believe this group of great players were put in very difficult situations by the whole conference realignment. The pressure of every game being the "last" wore on this team and contributed to the meltdown. It was too much, even as a fan, I was wore out with all the chatter about winning the conference because it was the last chance. It left little room for this team to find itself and get comfortable.

I fear this will be the same next year. Bo will need to figure out how to prep them when every week is going to feel like a bowl game. They are probably going to need to simplify the play calls. It is going to be hard for them to be mentally sharp in a new stadium and against a new team week in and week out.

I am excited about being in the Big Ten (no more pay per view) but I think it will take a few years for them to get used to it.

Maybe the opposite will be true and the pressure will be on the current Big Ten teams to stop the Huskers and prove supremacy.

"I fear this will be the same next year. Bo will need to figure out how to prep them when every week is going to feel like a bowl game."

Exactly, we seen how good he had them prepared for last nights bowl game.