Bo's Sideline/Postgame Demeanor

FDLink

After A&M I wasn't upset when Bo wouldn't deny the Miami rumors. I wouldn't blame him one bit if he left. It's one thing to be called out in public...Bo's a big boy but you can't tell the man to be a great coach and not let him BE the great coach that he is. Perhaps the media has killed another coaches tenure...(Leach, Mangino....) Maybe someone with lots of "connections" can call up Bo and we'll meet him for a surprise "we love you" party. chuckleshuffle

Wow, Bo actually acted professional on the side line, and in the press conference. About time Bo. Personally i am getting tired of his temper tantrums. If he dosent want to be asked the same question over and over again, answer it! Here is an example. "coach, are you interviewing with Miami" Answer, "no, I am staying here, I am loyal to this university" End of story. No more question, no more distraction. Instead he has to be ambiguous. Also, about Bo was called out by Pearlman. It should have been behind closed doors, but it was Bo's very public blowing up on the side lines which caused it to become public in the first place

Wow, Bo actually acted professional on the side line, and in the press conference. About time Bo. Personally i am getting tired of his temper tantrums. If he dosent want to be asked the same question over and over again, answer it! Here is an example. "coach, are you interviewing with Miami" Answer, "no, I am staying here, I am loyal to this university" End of story. No more question, no more distraction. Instead he has to be ambiguous. Also, about Bo was called out by Pearlman. It should have been behind closed doors, but it was Bo's very public blowing up on the side lines which caused it to become public in the first place

Harvey is that you?

Have any of you ever had that feeling of when no matter what you do or say that nothing goes your way and/or no one listens and you just throw your hands in the air and say F#UCK IT!!! I think thats the mentality that he had Thurs. night after the offense kept self exploding.

Maybe he thought there is no since of getting mad because it didn't do any good during 3 other games this year.

So let me get this straight, Taylor should be man enough to take a public over the top azzchewing on a regular basis, yet we must handle Bo with kiddie gloves. The person responsible for the entire universities reputation and standing is supposed to handle this in-house? What goes around, comes around. If you don't want to get publicly admonished, don't publicly embarrass the university. Same thing for Taylor, if you eff up, you're going to get a deserved azzchewing. If you want to handle things "in-house", that's fine, then do it consistently.

Everybody acts like Pearlman, Osborne and Bo are continents apart and somehow must communicate through the press. I am sure that Pearlman's public statement following the A&M game was not a knee jerk reaction and had been discussed already. I have a feeling it was either Pearlman or the Big 12 office. If Bo didn't like seeing it in public then he probably should have taken his tantrum with TMart behind closed doors also. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If Bo wants to see more discipline in his program it needs to start at the top.

Everyone is thinking that Bo has lost its fire which has left the team flat. I would challenge that connection.

Bo's fire was just anger, directed at the refs and even players alike. It is not like the maniacal excitedness of that bald dude from Washington, just for example. There were times when I felt Bo's "fire" hurt the team a lot. When a play was slow to get in and Zac had to burn a TO against Texas, Bo got right in the face of his quarterback on the field and blew a freakin' gasket. All while we were in the midst of mounting a very tenable comeback, or trying to.

Against A&M, when Cody was slow to get the ball snapped and Bo had to burn a timeout, he got right in Cody's face and blew another gasket. No encouragement, no rallying the troops on the field and pushing them onward. Blame blame blame. The next play, or two plays later, Cody threw a pick.

Got to have the pulse of your team and be able to push the right buttons at the right times. It is difficult and not sure Bo has always had a good handle on that.

• Fire 1