Crockpot Honeyed Spareribs

Roxy15

I haven't made these. The Catalina Dressing may sound strange to you, but, I have used Catalina Dressing in a crockpot pork roast beef sandwich recipe that I have & it is really good. This recipe got good reviews. Since softball season is starting here soon, I like to have dishes that I can make in the morning and have it ready for dinner that night, especially if there is a late ball game. I would use low setting only! I never ccok food on high in a rockpot if I can help it. I would add chopped onions and chopped garlic to this also.

Crockpot Honeyed Spareribs:

4 lbs. Baby Back Ribs, Cut In Half

1 T. Garlic Salt

1 Tsp. Black Pepper

1/2 Cup Honey

1/4 Cup Soy Sauce

1/4 Cup Garlic Sauce

1 Cup Catalina Dressing

1 Tsp. Ground Ginger

Preheat broiler. Line bottom portion of broiler pan with foil for easy clean up. Spray top rack lightly with cooking spray.

Season ribs with garlic salt and pepper. Broil for 5 to 6 minutes, turn and broil for an additional 5-6 minutes. Place browned ribs in slow cooker.

In a mixing bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Pour sauce mixture over ribs. Move ribs around to make sure they are all coated. Cover and cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours or Low for 8 hours.

With tongs, remove ribs from slow cooker and let cool slightly before cutting into individual rib pieces. Skim grease from sauce. Serve ribs with sauce on the side.