couple of interesting articles about the new bats

Latest Information on new 2011 BBCOR Bats- This article is from the Collegiate Baseball Magazine. Provides a little science and their expectations for the performance of the bat.

http://www.baseballnews.com/features/latest_information_bbcor_bats.htm

Less Lively Bats Will Bring Changes to College Baseball in 2011; Coming to High School Baseball in 2012 (Pt 2 of a series)

October 5, 2010- This article is from Baseball Nebraska. Some redundant info but offers coaches perspective from Sevis, Anderson and Rardin (Iowa Western coach).

http://www.baseballnebraska.com/story_bats_2.htm

Maybe this will create some discussion.

When Mike Anderson came and spoke with my sports class he said how bad the bats suck.

I don't know when Coach Anderson talked to your class, but I am assuming last year...October or November? Anyways, below is a direct quote from Coach Anderson from one of the articles I linked.

He also noted that the bats that Easton has been providing this fall are test models, and what the Huskers receive for use next spring may differ from the models that the team is swinging this fall. "Things are somewhat experimental at this point," Anderson noted. "We're trying out some bats, sending them back to Easton with our comments, and then they send us some others to try. I'm confident that by the time next February rolls around Easton will have provided us the best-performing bats available under this new standard. That's what Easton has always been able to do for us in the past.

I have no doubt that the bats Nebraska used this fall were bad...I witnessed for myself during the red & White series. However, as mentioned above these were "test models". The bats that are used this spring will be completely different, and I have heard they are much better than the early test models used last spring.