1620: Niles Paul on 1620 and his future/Offense's Change

zoogs

Hercules, thanks for the link. It is a nice blast from the past, but that has not been in doubt for a while now. It doesn't change that there was a significant change of the offense that occurred for Taylor in training camp this year, either. As Niles said himself I believe, they had been building off of the Holiday Bowl before that. Prior to the change and the shotgun spread option gala we saw, 2010 was supposed to resemble 2009 Holiday Bowl very much.

Since knapplc and I always mention how Pelini has always wanted to move to a spread option game since he first came to Nebraska, but never had a link to back it up (sorry if you have posted one knapplc and I missed it), I thought I'd just put this here...

The conversation occurred in late November of 2007.

Bo Pelini hadn't been hired yet as Nebraska's head football coach. But it was looking like he would get the job.

I asked him what type of offense he planned to use.

"A Florida-type spread, only better," he said in his usual confident manner.

link

I don't think many have denied that Bo has mentioned things like this, but he also has mentioned the need to remain "multiple" plenty also.