Mac's Top 5 Recruits

From NE Statepaper, courtesy of Sam McKewon:

***Barring unlikely, last-second decommits, my five favorite recruits for Nebraska's 2011 class:

Homewood, (Ala.) running back Ameer Abdullah: Better than Aaron Green. There. It's been said. And that's no knock on Green, who's welcome to prove me wrong. Comparing the upside of both looks like this: Jacquizz Rodgers vs. Joe McKnight. I'll take the 'Quizz. Plus, I put a higher value on small running backs in college. I think they're hard as hell to find.

Klein (Texas) cornerback Charles Jackson: Has the physicality, confidence and athleticism of Alfonzo Dennard. NU is just thin enough at corner that Jackson will get his crack at the two-deep next fall.

Crete center Ryne Reeves: Go back and check it. Often when NU's been at its best, a great center led the way. Novak. Tinglehoff. Rimington. Traynowicz. Lewis. Young. Graham. Taylor. Raiola. The Huskers boasts 12 All-Americans at the position. Reeves has the size 6-foot-3, 300 pounds – and attitude to be No. 13. Offered on the spot at football camp during his junior year, Reeves would have been coveted coast-to-coast had he been located in another state.

Rancho Cucamonga (Calif.) Safety Daimion Stafford: If his Chaffey Community College videos mean anything, Stafford will compete – immediately – for a starting secondary position. Perfect size at 6-1, 210. Fast. Gets to the ball carrier quick – with bad intentions. And he wraps up. His build is somewhere between Dejon Gomes and Lavonte David. And you know how they turned out.

Arlington (Texas) quarterback Jamal Turner: Gamer. You get the sense he'd play anywhere and do anything that involved touching the ball. Turner is a good short-range thrower, a superlative runner, and blessed with a contagious, competitive personality. He'll change that quarterback room for the better.

Rest of Article

Pretty cool article, hopefully it'll help out a few of you bored out of your minds (like me) in the offseason. It's especially bad in this little pre-signing day lull. Loved what he had to say about Wats "trying to glue together 3 different schemes and 11 different skills." Hit the nail absoFREAKINGlutely on the head.